Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the vertical hour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I think we'll let you away with it :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

colm18 wrote: »
    I think we'll let you away with it :pac:

The fall of civilisation has begun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm gonna try this in the afternoon on Bellewstown. I'll just put the Garmin in my car and drive up and down. That'll be OK, won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

kilmashogue four times in a row? ow.
    (when i say four times, my best time *up* it is 14:50 for the 239m climb)

No way I’d manage 4 reps now in 1 hour. The most I have done on that hill is 3 reps in 52 mins without the descent on the last rep, that’s according to Strava. I remember I wasn’t pushing all that hard and probably stopped for break once or twice.

Seems like I have a challenge.
    https://strava.app.link/8GLy6kIxk8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Had another go at this tonight and not sure why as it is a really hard test.
    Nearly quit once or twice and the wind was very gusty from the side in some places.
    Beat my last effort with 876 in just under an hour In less favourable conditions.
    156bpm must be a new record for me.

https://strava.app.link/akCPfe5Yu8

My garmin recorded less meters than last time even though I travelled 700 meters more.☹️

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I was driving up a hill in cork yesterday thinking 'this looks weirdly familiar for some reason' and remembered I saw it in this thread. We're staying about 200m from the bottom of the climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭hesker

There are some nice hills around there. Had a good 60km training loop going during the hols taking in that one and a few others nearby.

Hill just outside Union Hall on Trag/Castlehaven direction is good both ways.

Climb in Ross after the Catholic Church up towards Reenenascreena is another and there’s a side road off it 3/4 way up with fantastic views to Galley Head.

A lot of the roads have been resurfaced this year. Castle Salem is great now and was beautiful to cycle on until the final chip and tar went on. Still great though compared to what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

I'll drop a bike down to you in the morning for your attempt 😜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Heh! Thanks! We only had a few days, left this morning.

Hesker, I see what you mean about the climb outside union Hall. Also a sharp one out of Lough hyne towards Baltimore that we drove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭hesker

Totally non-cycling related but I would recommend you check out that view I mentioned. It reminds me a little of the view from the hills over Dungarvan.

Also the short hike up the hill at Carraigfada is worth doing with the weather as nice as it is now. Suitable for all the family.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately we've left the area, on a slow meander home. Currently in courtmacsherry.

Advertisement