Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 37+ Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

claw wrote: »
    I have the same problem except it's 2 from Doherty, 2nd Sheffield Utd defender, Giroud, Foden. Leaning towards the first two.

Doherty 100% anyway
    Who are the Sheff United defenders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I have the same problem except it's 2 from Doherty, 2nd Sheffield Utd defender, Giroud, Foden. Leaning towards the first two.

This is all I can think of where I see people trying to figure out who to bench.

iXyCu58g_t.jpg

v8knlIl5_t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I did Giroud to Wood. I'm tempted by a -4 too. Don't need to worry about GW38 as I have my FH saved for that.

Have the funds to go Willian to Son for a hit. Is it worth it? I find Son an interesting option since he's in form and Leicester are looking thin defensively. I could also move for a defender and go Femenia to Tarkowski. (My other defenders are Doherty, TAA, Digne, Alonso.)

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I did Giroud to Wood. I'm tempted by a -4 too. Don't need to worry about GW38 as I have my FH saved for that.

Have the funds to go Willian to Son for a hit. Is it worth it? I find Son an interesting option since he's in form and Leicester are looking thin defensively. I could also move for a defender and go Femenia to Tarkowski. (My other defenders are Doherty, TAA, Digne, Alonso.)
    Seen as you are free hitting next week no
    Not worth it
    Willian is on all set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

titan18 wrote: »
    Transferred out taa for Tarkowski

Did taa for bardsley myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

titan18 wrote: »
    Transferred out taa for Tarkowski

With Newcastle next week I don’t know about that one

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have not really seen it talked about but do people think Lampard and Ole will really be playing first 11’s in the semis ?

Can’t see it myself. Where’s the value ? Winning a cup ?

Surely all that matters is the league and even if they manage to win the semi they have City in the final so very unlikely to win it anyway.

City and Arsenal much more likely to go with first 11’s in the semi but I just can’t see the other 2 teams doing it.

Imagine Fernandes, Martial or Rashford getting injured, for no good reason, just before 2 must win matches for a place in the Champions League.

I think Greenwood and Martial are prime candidates to be benched in the FA Cup. I don’t know about Chelsea. They only really have like 2 good players where it’s a clear drop to the backup anyway. They could do anything and I wouldn’t be surprised.

CSF wrote: »
    I think Greenwood and Martial are prime candidates to be benched in the FA Cup. I don’t know about Chelsea. They only really have like 2 good players where it’s a clear drop to the backup anyway. They could do anything and I wouldn’t be surprised.

I would have captained Martial but can’t as I have to factor in that game and the chance he gets injured. Or only plays 60 minutes against Palace if he plays full game against Chelsea.

And the possibility of extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

km79 wrote: »
    Doherty 100% anyway
    Who are the Sheff United defenders ?

Stevens and Egan. The last few weeks I have benched the wrong one each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Play Alonso away to Pool or Ritchie away to Brighton?

Swayed to Ritchie

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    This is all I can think of where I see people trying to figure out who to bench.

iXyCu58g_t.jpg

v8knlIl5_t.jpg

I must be an idiot then cos I don't get the point the images are trying to convey. Doherty home to Palace, Sheffield United home to Everton, Giroud against Liverpool who aren't keeping cleaning sheets and Foden away to Watford. Maybe I should bench Bruno or Salah :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Otamendi -> Pieters

siblers wrote: »
    Play Alonso away to Pool or Ritchie away to Brighton?

Swayed to Ritchie

ritchie. It is tight but alonso is a rotation risk

Stevens and Egan. The last few weeks I have benched the wrong one each week.

thats a tough one.
    Everton are so so so bad though
    I would play Doherty and the 2 blades. Giroud 1st sub foden second

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Saving.

Wood in for DCL and Jota to the bench was tempting but 2 FTs next week wins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

would you play Pieters over Willian ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

How reasonable is it to think that Foden will be benched this evening and start against Watford? Still have the dead weight of DCL and want to start Foden ahead of him

Options are DCL, Foden or Egan for a start?

I must be an idiot then cos I don't get the point the images are trying to convey. Doherty home to Palace, Sheffield United home to Everton, Giroud against Liverpool who aren't keeping cleaning sheets and Foden away to Watford. Maybe I should bench Bruno or Salah :rolleyes:

I don't have selection conundrums because i only have 11 players that are fit/play.

My Bench is
    Button, Guendouzi, Lascelles, Holgate.

Team picks itself.

I don't have selection conundrums because i only have 11 players that are fit/play.

My Bench is

Team picks itself.

But you do not have a single playing sub this week.......

FatRat wrote: »
    How reasonable is it to think that Foden will be benched this evening and start against Watford? Still have the dead weight of DCL and want to start Foden ahead of him

Options are DCL, Foden or Egan for a start?

Egan , Foden, DCL in that order. DCL a very distant 3rd

• Advertisement

miller82 wrote: »
    would you play Pieters over Willian ?

no

ElTel wrote: »
    Saving.

Wood in for DCL and Jota to the bench was tempting but 2 FTs next week wins out.

I would make that transfer and play Wood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I would make that transfer and play Wood

Wood he cover the likely hit next week. :pac:

Jota owes me big at this stage.
    I'll let the ML rivals use their 2 FTs and react next week. :cool: :p

Yup.

Thats exactly my point

Yup.

Thats exactly my point

My Bench is

Team picks itself.

I normally have cheapie subs that will get me 2 points if someone doesn't play. I seem to have a lot of cheap players in my squad at the moment and for some reason this week I have a selection headache :)

Yup.

Thats exactly my point
    There has to be a balance between benching points though and having no bench?
    Do you have any Man City, Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal players? What happens if they get injured? Or any rotation
    I think at least one playing sub could be needed this week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

km79 wrote:
    There has to be a balance between benching points though and having no bench? Do you have any Man City, Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal players? What happens if they get injured? Or any rotation I think at least one playing sub could be needed this week

Tbf though Holgate and Lascelles would be playing but injured. Is the -4 worth it to get rid of them for another player on your bench in the chance of rotation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Burnley still have Brighton tbf which isn't a bad fixture.

Wouldn't surprise me if Klopp rotates heavily for that last game too. I could easily see Williams starting for TAA in it.

Also, gives me money in the bank which could useful for getting someone like DSilva for Foden in the last week or adding an extra city player for that game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Used my freebie to being ings in for gru

Advertisement