Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another MSPaint, anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Did I miss someone?
    Deja Boo wrote: »

:cool: LINK 1 COMPLETE
    Described: Ectoplasm
    Painted: aaronjennings

:cool: LINK 2 COMPLETE
    Described: Electric Nitwit
    Painted: twirlagig

:cool: LINK 3 COMPLETE
    Described: tusk
    Painted: Homer J. Fong

:cool: LINK 4 COMPLETE
    Described: Builebeag
    Painted: SnowyMay

:cool: LINK 5 COMPLETE
    Described: Mam of 4
    Painted: s1ippy

:cool: LINK 6 COMPLETE
    Described: EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    Painted: Gru

:cool: LINK 7 COMPLETE
    Described: Trigger
    Painted: Neowise

:cool: LINK 8 COMPLETE
    Described: fixXxer
    Painted: davetherave

:cool: LINK 9 COMPLETE
    Described: Necro
    Painted: Lady Haywire

LINK 10
    Described: quickbeam
    Painting Now: Killinator

LINK 11
    Describe: bolgbui41
    Paint: y0ssar1an22

LINK 12
    Describe: Sephiroth_Dude
    Painter: ShaneU

...and if ShaneU joins in, we can always add another link Pretzill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Unless there is a boards glitch, I must be missing something - will update thread with full current roster.

Trigger played earlier in game. Bolg and Sephs links are up last.

Pretzill, if ShaneU opts out, would you be ok with subbing for them?

I was reading it wrong - not to worry if there's room I'm here but if not I'm grand :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

With another brilliant Homer painting done, 3 links already finished and :D and new describers added (welcome Trigger and Seph!) here is the updated roster ...once again - changes can be made as needed, just let us know

fb21a0c99347f30589af3e6d019a5efe.gif

Link 4 is at the plate with BuileBeag up to bat and SnowyMay on deck:

:cool:LINK 1 COMPLETE
    Described: Ectoplasm
    Painted: aaronjennings
    :cool:LINK 2 COMPLETE
    Described: Electric Nitwit
    Painted: twirlagig
    :cool:LINK 3 COMPLETE
    Described: tusk
    Painted: Homer J. Fong

LINK 4
    Describing Now: BuileBeag :pac:
    Painting Next: SnowyMay

LINK 5
    Describe: Mam of 4
    Paint: s1ippy

LINK 6
    Describe: EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    Paint: Gru

LINK 7
    Describe: bolgbui41
    Paint: Neowise

LINK 8
    Describe: fixXxer
    Paint: davetherave

LINK 9
    Describe: Necro
    Paint: Lady Haywire

LINK 10
    Describe: quickbeam
    Paint: Killinator

LINK 11
    Describe: Trigger
    Painting Spot open: *available*

LINK 12
    Describe: Sephiroth_Dude
    Painting spot open: *available*

Ohhh I was looking at this one, sorry pretzil :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It'll be brilliant to see what the last pic ends up as , with the amount of links in the game , it's bound to be hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I can only imagine, what you sent me was questionable to say the least!!!

My favourite bit of the reveal is comparing the first to the last to the original.

s1ippy wrote: »

My favourite bit of the reveal is comparing the first to the last to the original.

My description was horrendous , literally - Say What You See :pac:

Love seeing the difference in the pics too .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Isn't that the point - to say what you see?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Isn't that the point - to say what you see?

Yep , but I'm not so sure what I said I saw was accurate :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I'm not sure that matters to the game!

At the moment, I reckon the weirder the description the better the reveal!

no_words_homer_into_brush.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It'll be brilliant to see what the last pic ends up as , with the amount of links in the game , it's bound to be hilarious :D

Can’t wait Mam! :)
    Deja... you’ll have to show us what the choices were for the original pic too, for the craic :pac:
    s1ippy wrote: »

Me too! :p:D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Yep , but I'm not so sure what I said I saw was accurate :o

That's fair, sometimes they're not easy to make out what's going on. But if that's the case, you can just blame the painter before you :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

I'd feel free to fault a painter or a describer for doing a poor job, but from reading back on the previous games, i can't fault any 1 painter or describer.

There has been some imaginative ways of describing what they see in 10 words, and there also has been some additive painting, to illustrate what the painter believes the words to mean, but, i don't see how you can blame anyone, never mind the painter before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

Sorry for the delay folks, 'interesting' description and a hell of a lot of fun to paint, thanks Quickbeam :D

Looking forward to this one playing out:)

Quick update before Boards goes out again...

After Kills :cool: Masterpiece, we are onto the last 2 links...

Describing now: bolgbui41 :pac:
    Painter up next: y0ssar1an22

Describer: Sephiroth_Dude
    Painter: ShaneU or Pretzill

Neowise wrote: »
    I'd feel free to fault a painter or a describer for doing a poor job, but from reading back on the previous games, i can't fault any 1 painter or describer.

There has been some imaginative ways of describing what they see in 10 words, and there also has been some additive painting, to illustrate what the painter believes the words to mean, but, i don't see how you can blame anyone, never mind the painter before you.

I was kidding. It’s a fun game. No blame meant anywhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Quick update

Don't you mean a quickbeam update 🤔?

:pac:

*Gets coat* 🤦* 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

giphy.webp

SkeletalUnrealisticGrison-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

*Waiting eagerly in anticipation*

Ah yeah, no painter or describer does a poor job :D the limitations of mspaint just add to the fun.
    ...and when a pig gets interpreted as a goat, all the better :D

Tis the weekend and boards has been down, so I don't expect any immediate replies to pm's :)
    Even if we get done soon, the reveal may not be until later in the week, as I have some pressing matters to attend to the next 2-3 days (sorry about that). :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ah yeah, no painter or describer does a poor job :D the limitations of mspaint just add to the fun.
    ...and when a pig gets interpreted as a goat, all the better :D

Tis the weekend and boards has been down, so I don't expect any immediate replies to pm's :)
    Even if we get done soon, the reveal may not be until later in the week, as I have some pressing matters to attend to the next 2-3 days (sorry about that). :o

No worries Deja :)
    We’ll be here! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I don't drink. Never have. Only take prescription drugs. Nothing mind altering.

Trying to describe Killinator's painting in ten words is making me seriously reconsider these life choices. Not because it's unclear what's happening - the picture is amazing - but because....like. Lads. What happened earlier in the chain that THIS is a picture? How...what?

I'll have something in by these evening - I don't do internet on Sundays so I've only just seen Deja's message and I need some time to reflect. On both the picture and continued sobriety.

OMG, we broke bolgbui!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

bolgbui41 wrote: »

Trying to describe Killinator's painting in ten words is making me seriously reconsider these life choices. Not because it's unclear what's happening - the picture is amazing - but because....like. Lads. What happened earlier in the chain that THIS is a picture? How...what?

I'll have something in by these evening - I don't do internet on Sundays so I've only just seen Deja's message and I need some time to reflect. On both the picture and continued sobriety.

You could have some booze, you get it done, but it may not be your best work,
    or have some acid, and you'll connect all the dots and be able to explain it perfectly, but usually only in a way that is understandable when the reciepient is also on acid,
    or you can have some coke, and give the best possible explaination that is possible, and the recipients must be thick if they don't redraw killinators art stroke for stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

bolgbui41 wrote: »

I think this is the best possible description of the game.

Motion to call the next round “I don’t drink... but!”

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

bolgbui41 wrote:

My sobriety ended with the pic I got provided with so there's two of us in it bolgbui :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If it makes you feel any better bolgbui, I thought similar and I was only the second describer! I can't imagine how twisted this could have got

I blame Deja for blatantly googling "weirdest pictures on the internet" at the start :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

If I'm helping people evaluate their life choices then my job here is done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I blame Deja for blatantly googling "weirdest pictures on the internet" at the start :p

OR the picture I got IS the picture Deja chose and we’ve all been describing/painting it perfectly, but Deja chose it knowing that we’d all be doubting ourselves and cursing each other and it’s basically some sadistic mind game they’re playing with us all....or maybe I’m overthinking this because I’m going mad at staring at that picture for so long.

Anyway, it’s done. No alcohol/drugs involved - just ice cream. Now that I’m going to light a candle to ask for divine intervention that y0ssar1an22 may correctly interpret my very simplistic interpretation of killinator’s masterpiece. They’ll need it.

If it makes you feel any better bolgbui, I thought similar and I was only the second describer! I can't imagine how twisted this could have got

OR yer active imaginations took it to whole new levels! :D

lol, Ecto chose the simplest of the 5 images :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

bear with me guys!

Advertisement