Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bubbles under seal on bath

Options
  • 13-07-2020 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all,

I had posted in here a few weeks ago about chipping a bit of our bath: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113527560

I bought the kit to fix it, but when I was cleaning it down and I took up the bath mat I noticed that there were these bubbles under the surface. I've tried to push them out with a credit card but they don't seem to want to move really. It's sort of like the bubbles you get when you put contact paper on a book. (Image attached below)

Any ideas on how they happened or how to fix it? I thought maybe a bit of water had gotten in through the chip and worked it's way down somehow but it doesn't seem likely and there's no bubbles near the chip, they don't start until about 30cm away from it.

I'm living in fear that I'll have to pay to get the bath resurfaced. Is that a thing?

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Just for closure if anyone is ever looking at this thread, the problem was because the bath had been resurfaced and we were using a bathmat with suction cups which was pulling the surface away from the bath and into bubbles.

Took up the mat and the problem sorted itself out for the most part.

Advertisement