Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2021

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

ucsie wrote: »
    If they let you leave the hospital that's a good sign at least! Are they monitoring you more now? And did you decide if you are having a c section?

I'm 36+4, all good. Some small niggles but I can't really complain, still working and going on as normal , covid normal of not doing much anyway that is!

I had a midwife appointment this week and she started telling me what to do if I start getting contractions, when to go to the hospital and all that. I already knew all that from the antenatal classes, but it hit me that this was no longer generic advice you read/hear somewhere but something specifically directed to me, because I'm getting to the end now! Weird feeling...

Yea they were happy that the blood pressure had stabilised so I’ve been in twice weekly this week and once weekly from next week.
    So far RE section - my pain management, anaesthetist and consultant have all come up with plan I’m currently happy with - I want to try natural, my back can handle it to a point, so early epidural is needed to avoid too much strain on my back and if things progress slowly, don’t work etc they’ll look at a section, but I do want to try a medicated vaginal birth as recovery would be easier in the long run. We’ll see anyway, things can always change!

On sick leave since 34w so thankfully finished work! Fair play still working away!

I’ve had nothing said to me about labour/contractions yet! I’m 36w on Monday, I’m getting the feeling baby will arrive early, don’t know why so I’m pretty much packed and ready! I have a feeling consultant will want to induce me. Baby came in at 5lb 4oz at 35w so I want to leave him cooking for as long as I can :D

blue note wrote: »
    Wife is going in to be induced on Sunday. I'm planning on starfishing in the bed and sleeping full nights before I bring her home. I'll enjoy the last of them while I can!

Good luck, mostly to her of course :pac: my poor partner he is so worried but I’ll sell it that way to him, starfish In bed enjoying the last night of peace before baby comes him

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

Wife is going in to be induced on Sunday. I'm planning on starfishing in the bed and sleeping full nights before I bring her home. I'll enjoy the last of them while I can!

You might end up with a February baby after all then. I hope the induction goes smoothly and enjoy the sleeping while you can!
    So far RE section - my pain management, anaesthetist and consultant have all come up with plan I’m currently happy with - I want to try natural, my back can handle it to a point, so early epidural is needed to avoid too much strain on my back and if things progress slowly, don’t work etc they’ll look at a section, but I do want to try a medicated vaginal birth as recovery would be easier in the long run. We’ll see anyway, things can always change!

That's great that they were able to come up with a plan. At least you know what your back can handle and the options that leaves you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Thank god she's being induced today. She has started snoring badly in the past couple of weeks. She keeps waking me up and keeping me awake from it.

I'm assuming it'll stop when the baby is born and I'll be able to get a continuous 8 hours every night again.

Thank god she's being induced today. She has started snoring badly in the past couple of weeks. She keeps waking me up and keeping me awake from it.

I'm assuming it'll stop when the baby is born and I'll be able to get a continuous 8 hours every night again.

Yes, you will definitely get 8 hours uninterrupted, no worries :pac:

Good luck with the induction! Hopefully it’ll be quick for her!

• Advertisement

ucsie wrote: »
    That's great that they were able to come up with a plan. At least you know what your back can handle and the options that leaves you.

I just need to remember to quiz the consultant in Thursday in relation to what happens if epidural doesn’t work, labour goes on for too long or if complications arise how soon will they consider a section.
    Thinking I’ll write my questions down cause normally my partner asks these cause he has a great memory and I’m part bred goldfish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Buttercup710

Hello,

How is everyone doing? Any lovely March baby birth announcements to share?

I am 40+6 now, booked for an induction next week if nothing happens in the meantime which I don't think it will at this stage.

FTM, lucky to still be feeling well and have been quite relaxed and very patient, but the constant messages from people asking if there's any sign etc has been getting on my nerves. I know people are just excited and wishing me well but I can't help but feel pressure from it, not used to all eyes on me I guess.

I also really wanted a natural birth so quite disappointed about the induction, feel like I've failed myself, naively had all sorts of aspirations and expectations of myself and struggling with the lack of control (OCD/anxiety) but I guess that's life, I know it wont matter and will all be worth it in the end...

Sorry for the long rant, hope you are all well!

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Happy St Patrick's Day!
    I also really wanted a natural birth so quite disappointed about the induction, feel like I've failed myself, naively had all sorts of aspirations and expectations of myself and struggling with the lack of control (OCD/anxiety) but I guess that's life, I know it wont matter and will all be worth it in the end...

You definitely haven't failed yourself, it's not like there's much you can actually do to to force the baby out and avoid an induction anyway, totally not up yo you. And still a few days left, you never know if the baby will decide to come out on their own! But yeah, the waiting and not knowing when it's going to happen is not nice...

I'm 39+2, all good, no signs of anything happening any time soon. Feeling pretty good, going for long walks now that I'm on maternity leave and staying generally active as adviced by the midwife. If things stay as they are, they would let me go to 42 weeks, but I hope she comes earlier than that as that would be a pretty long wait!

Hello,

How is everyone doing? Any lovely March baby birth announcements to share?

I am 40+6 now, booked for an induction next week if nothing happens in the meantime which I don't think it will at this stage.

FTM, lucky to still be feeling well and have been quite relaxed and very patient, but the constant messages from people asking if there's any sign etc has been getting on my nerves. I know people are just excited and wishing me well but I can't help but feel pressure from it, not used to all eyes on me I guess.

Sorry for the long rant, hope you are all well!

Happy St Patrick's Day!

38+3 baby’s head is engaged and facing down and back so ready, getting awful braxton Hicks, lightening and false labour pains but nothing substantial happening, sometimes it feels like this baby is about to fall out with the downwards pressure. It’s all psyching me out at this point, I’m waiting for more substantial signs of labour at this point, knowing my luck I’ll go to 40+12 before anything happens :pac:

so basically, my body has served the eviction notice, baby has read the eviction notice and is now ignoring it!

Gone very quiet in here, o had my little boy on the 31st March, he just about made it to the last day! I was scheduled an induction for 1st April.

Labour and delivery was horrific, I’ll spare details but it started naturally 10pm Monday the 29th - baby went sunny side up so 27 hours of back labour, followed by 10 hours active labour. Waters went naturally at 1.30am Wednesday 31st morning. Baby kept dropping off heart monitor and was in distress, came so close to emergency section, but thankfully baby stabilised right before I was brought up. Epidural ran out twice and needed to go on fentanyl. Baby arrived via episiotomy which was better than forceps (I tell myself that anyway to make me feel better about the recovery pain :pac:)
    It has made me second guess having another baby honestly! I think if I decide to do it I’d just rather deal with a section than 37 hours total back labour :rolleyes:

He is now a week old, and still getting to know each other, he is a great little thing, head full of hair. He was 3.52kg at birth. I think we all have teething problems when it comes to being first time parents, it’s tough but those good times are so worth it

Hope everyone else had their babies happy and healthy

• Advertisement

Well done Jen Pigs Fly! I don't know if it's true but they always say that when you want another child, you forget about the previous labor...

My little girl is 12 days old. The labor was much more straight forward, around 24 hours building up to 1cm, then the actual active labor after they broke my waters only took a couple of hours and a second degree tear.

I'm surprised by how well we are coping with the limited sleep. Baby is doing great. I'm still at the stage where I can spend ages just staring at her :)

Advertisement