Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bigal87 wrote: »
    I just feel like the Chelsea double up of Willian and Pulisic is the way to go.
    SHU (Away) and NOR (Home) are great fixtures.

SHU away is no longer a good fixture. O connell back has galvanised them again

• Registered Users Posts: 32,907 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FitzShane wrote: »
    Playing Ings, which I want to do, means I should really be benching Lindelof as I think he will concede for the reasons you gave. But I'm also playing Egan who I think will concede. I'd only be playing him for his set piece threat.

It's so easy to overthink this! :)

I don’t agree. Unless you desperately need both to perform points wise. If Ings doesn’t contribute, you probably get a clean sheet so at least you’re probably looking at 8-10 points from the 2 of them combined which is not the worst. United’s clean sheet chances are better than Sheff United’s imo. How did you end up with Lindelof out of all the united defensive options btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any advice?

Jiminez to Vardy but I am 0.2m short. So need to make another transfer for a -4

Lascelles (if he stays yellow) to Lamptey?

Foden to a 5.1m (max) player?
    Possibilities:
    4.7m Saka (Not a certain starter, mixed fixtures)
    4.7m Declan Rice (favourable fixtures, will definitely play)
    4.8m Soucek (same reasons as Rice)

Not overly keen on getting rid of Foden for either of those 3 but have a feeling Foden will be benched next game. Also if I get rid of Foden I will have 2 City players leaving me the option of bringing in Mahrez in a week or two.

Any advice? Cheers

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Any advice?

Possibilities:

Not overly keen on getting rid of Foden for either of those 3 but have a feeling Foden will be benched next game. Also if I get rid of Foden I will have 2 City players leaving me the option of bringing in Mahrez in a week or two.

Any advice? Cheers
    Surely Foden figured higher in your GW35-38 plans than Vardy when you signed him right?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

CSF wrote: »
    Surely Foden figured higher in your GW35-38 plans than Vardy when you signed him right?

Yeah. But now starting to lose faith in Foden despite the fact he could have got 12-15 points vs Newcastle.

I only really want to get Vardy because he could run amok against Bournemouth. I will probably then take him out for Ings after one week. I'm in a H2H league and have a crucial game coming up and I'd say he will be getting Vardy in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rashford to Greenwood for free is the right move, right?

I don't need the money, but I'm doubting myself, can't shake the feeling that Greenwood has taken his few chances well, and it may well be Rashfords turn next

Greenwood does look much more sharp though

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

Ah we'll see. Chelsea on great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any advice?

Possibilities:

Any advice? Cheers

Soucek has some form, so maybe him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

2 free transfers. Rashford and DCL out for Greenwood and Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any advice?

Possibilities:

Any advice? Cheers
    Yeah definitely Soucek. He came to West Ham with a reputation as a goalscorer, and got 2 in last 3 (should have been 3 in 3 but for a silly VAR intervention against Chelsea)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I don’t agree. Unless you desperately need both to perform points wise. If Ings doesn’t contribute, you probably get a clean sheet so at least you’re probably looking at 8-10 points from the 2 of them combined which is not the worst. United’s clean sheet chances are better than Sheff United’s imo. How did you end up with Lindelof out of all the united defensive options btw?

At the time I was buying him, he was the cheaper entry into the back 4. I had Williams and he just wasnt playing and needed a nailed on Utd defender for their fixtures. It came down to Maguire & Lindelof as they were the same price, and cheaper than AWB or Shaw. Maguire has 4 Yellow cards to Lindelof 5 so a pretty even chance there of getting booked. But Lindelof had 7 bonus, spread across 4 games whereas Maguire had 5 bonus spread across 2 games. So came down to who was the bigger bonus chance really, from the cheaper players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is KDB and rashford out and Salah and ings in worth - 4. KDB will do well to play 90 mins in the next two games with the cup next weekend and rashford looks off form

Yeah. But now starting to lose faith in Foden despite the fact he could have got 12-15 points vs Newcastle.

I only really want to get Vardy because he could run amok against Bournemouth. I will probably then take him out for Ings after one week. I'm in a H2H league and have a crucial game coming up and I'd say he will be getting Vardy in too.

Well if it’s purely down to the h2h, then do what you gotta but if you had faith in Foden you shouldn’t have lost it. Not much has changed, he won’t start every week and he will score points when he plays that outperform his price for the most part.

I would have him if I wasn’t on a power 5 midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Few different options

Could do the one transfer of Rashford or Jiminez (most likely him) to Vardy.

Could do KDB to Salah with the likelihood kdb doesn't play this weekend.

Or I could do both for a -4, or leave kdb in and remove Son instead for Salah.

Could also play the FH as I don't like my team especially if kdb and foden both don't play.

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1281709494918094848

Can’t believe the amount of people selling kdb
    I’ll take 90 minutes total over the next 2 games. I would happily take 30 minutes at the end of either game against those opponents

And selling him for a hit ? That’s a hell no

It’s great that he is becoming a bit of a differential for me so soon after getting him back :D

Ideal scenario for me is he doesn’t start tomorrow but plays 30 minutes and returns a goal or assist
    Nailed on midweek captain then .

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

To be fair, I'm only selling him to get Vardy in against Bournemouth. Might get KDB back in GW36 anyway.

km79 wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1281709494918094848

Can’t believe the amount of people selling kdb
    I’ll take 90 minutes total over the next 2 games. I would happily take 30 minutes at the end of either game against those opponents

And selling him for a hit ? That’s a hell no

It’s great that he is becoming a bit of a differential for me so soon after getting him back :D

Ideal scenario for me is he doesn’t start tomorrow but plays 30 minutes and returns a goal or assist
    Nailed on midweek captain then .

A lot on here seem to be selling him and that got me wanting to bring him in.

But only 28k manager have sold him.

I could sell Sarr or Antonio and bring him in but I’ve been keeping those guys for these fixtures.

I 100% agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Trying to decide if Jota to Vardy is worth a -4. Anyone any thoughts?

joe123 wrote: »
    Trying to decide if Jota to Vardy is worth a -4. Anyone any thoughts?

Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Went with a risk.

Jiminez and Son to Vardy and Salah. I'm top of work league and guy in second has both of the.

The -4 hurts though so hopefully it works out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

DCL and Kane gone.

Giroud and Vardy in.

Decided was being too smart for my own good thinking about Iheanacho. If he played 90 he'd be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

did vvd and jimmi out

lamptey and vardy in

That takes one selection headache out of my team by getting rid of virgil. He was good for my bench boost week but dont need two liverpool defenders week in, week out.....especially if Klopp is going to be experimental with his backline

Twitter people are freaking out about Vardy not being in some training photos. Theres a 2 minute training video that he isn't in. Plenty of other explanations for that to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Any thoughts on a hit for Richarlison > Willian / Pulisic? Or I have missed the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Rashford to Greenwood and Jimenez to Vardy done. No hits.

Twitter people are freaking out about Vardy not being in some training photos. Theres a 2 minute training video that he isn't in. Plenty of other explanations for that to be fair.

I left my transfer of him in until late last night
    At the end of the game the last day he went to block a clearance
    And he looked like he may have tweaked something but he played on and Rodgers said nothing so I went ahead with it
    Be sickened if something comes to light now
    He is only in for one week anyway
    I am switching him for Ings next week
    With my front 8 the way it is I’ll have a selection headache if I sell DCl for someone so I’m leaving him first sub given that his last 3 fixtures are ok
    Hoping to bank in 37
    D Silva coming in 38

km79 wrote: »
    I left my transfer of him in until late last night
    At the end of the game the last day he went to block a clearance
    And he looked like he may have tweaked something but he played on and Rodgers said nothing so I went ahead with it
    Be sickened if something comes to light now
    He is only in for one week anyway
    I am switching him for Ings next week
    With my front 8 the way it is I’ll have a selection headache if I sell DCl for someone so I’m leaving him first sub given that his last 3 fixtures are ok
    Hoping to bank in 37
    D Silva coming in 38

I did not notice that. I’m fairly sure I wasn’t gonna bring him in anyway but this makes me feel better about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Held off on the Vardy transfer, but will see if there is any news before 11.30

Could bring Ings in, but it’s a week early. Would leave me with Kane though!

I could probably do with bringing in a keeper so I don’t have to play Pope or a defender for Jack Robinson.

Confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Benimar wrote: »
    Held off on the Vardy transfer, but will see if there is any news before 11.30

Could bring Ings in, but it’s a week early. Would leave me with Kane though!

I could probably do with bringing in a keeper so I don’t have to play Pope or a defender for Jack Robinson.

Confusion!

Using a transfer on a goalkeeper at this late stage seems a bit of a waste.

From seeing your team, you could chance Holgate as he is going to have a late fitness test and then hope for a 0-0 in the game against Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Using a transfer on a goalkeeper at this late stage seems a bit of a waste.

From seeing your team, you could chance Holgate as he is going to have a late fitness test and then hope for a 0-0 in the game against Wolves.

Thanks.

Would you hold Kane or go Vardy/Ings?

Think it’s Vardy or hold Kane tbh.

Advertisement