Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34+ Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,239 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

-4 for Pulisic and Greenwood in for Rashford and Fleck definitely paid off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

84 all out which I’m happy with, hopefully back in to the top 500.

Selling Ings was so moronic, the black mark on my season.

Haven’t had a sub appear since restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sure was. Transferring Vardy out for Vardy seems like a waste of 4 points

Vardy for Kane, even worse!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Strikers netting a cool 6 points between them. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

105 (-12)

I felt that the 12 was me taking a short term loss to hopefully set up for a good finish but Martinez, Fernandes, Pulisic, Greenwood (33) outscored De Gea, Traore, Saka and Rashford (15) by 18 so it ended up being a short term success.

I've been managing to stay afloat from an underperforming team that needed that many transfers purely because of my captain choices since the return after lockdown
    30+: 15
    31+: 11
    32+: 16
    33+: 14
    34+: 8

Without those 128 points I'd be nowhere near in touch in money leagues. As is, I should break the top 20k tonight, but from there you still need to finish with a bang to make money in the decent money leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

CSF wrote: »
    105 (-12)

I felt that the 12 was me taking a short term loss to hopefully set up for a good finish but Martinez, Fernandes, Pulisic, Greenwood (33) outscored De Gea, Traore, Saka and Rashford (15) by 18 so it ended up being a short term success.

I've been managing to stay afloat from an underperforming team that needed that many transfers purely because of my captain choices since the return after lockdown
    30+: 15
    31+: 11
    32+: 16
    33+: 14
    34+: 8

Without those 128 points I'd be nowhere near in touch in money leagues. As is, I should break the top 20k tonight, but from there you still need to finish with a bang to make money in the decent money leagues.

Excellent work, always like to see a big hit pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lundstram wrote: »

Strikers netting a cool 6 points between them. Useless.

I neee to move on DCL and Jimmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,485 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ScummyMan wrote: »

Such a satisfying thing to have the balls to go for a big hit and see it work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Such a satisfying thing to have the balls to go for a big hit and see it work out.

It's also quite inspiring knowing it can work.

ScummyMan wrote: »

I’d like to think that’s the end of my hits but I’ve a bench boost still to play and Ramsdale and Aurier both had injuries at the end so decision to be made on whether I just play a 14 man bench boost or if I try to bring in 2 players who I can make the 4 points back on by being able to keep them and play them with a hope of points all the way to 38.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bad week. Finished on 52. KDB, Fernandes, Martial and Digne the only ones that produced. Badly let down by DCL and Jimenez once again. Three players booked summed it up. Ultimately pleased to break 50 with it being a horror show. I'm hoping that means the team has more to offer. Going to keep patient and try and bank a transfer.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

That was a great and ballsy -12.

It’s not like you were shifting total deadwood.

Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

73 points. Pretty solid. Disappointing to have left 23 points on the bench, but thems the breaks :)

That was a great and ballsy -12.

It’s not like you were shifting total deadwood.

Well played.
    Thanks. Ultimately, it was a case of watching Rashford hug the touchline while his teammates looked dangerous, and Pulisic looks the most individually threatening of any player in FPL when on the ball at the moment. The most since Hazard. Hoping the sweet spot where teams haven't learned how to defend against him yet, can last until the end of the season at least. Having watched Liverpool last night, GW37 might not even be the big tricky one for him that it looked before.

Antonio is the man I really want this week but with a midfield of Salah, KDB, Fernandes, Pulisic and Martial I really don't think I can get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

89. Only regret Capt KDB over Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

89 can’t complain. Two gameWeeks in a row saka came in for mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

85 (-4)

Hit paying off handsomely

Ngakia-Rashford vs. Egan-Greenwood
    0+2 vs. 15 +7 -4
    = 2 vs. 18

VHEWT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,832 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

happy enough with 69, 3 united players got me 35 though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone who doesn't have Greenwood in their team yet is bonkers. Best finisher in the league playing in the most in form team in the league - and he's a guaranteed starting striker sub 5m.

Had a terrible week bar Salah until United saved me with Bruno (c), Martial and Mason returns. 83 is a great score for me considering that.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

105 - HEWT!

Captaining Bruno while all around me had KDB worked out well - except for the fact that I'm a Villa fan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,663 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

93 all out. Hewt. Especially after last weekend sh1tshow. 1 stepforward , 2 steps back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

91(-4)
    Back up to 1600k and decent leads of 60ish in 3 main leagues
    Still work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

80 point sees small rise to just outside top 50k. Losing double Wolves CS and not leaving the armband on Bruno are the downsides. Think Rashford will have to go now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭COH

66... started the day on 27 though so not the worst I guess. Red arrows from 14k down to 25k.

Mane over Salah and Rashford over Greenwood ruined me, as did double Wolves defence conceding in injury time. Jimenez 3rd blank in a row is concerning too.

Lots of players I was happy with now on the block... probably just bite the bullet and take a -8 for Mane/Rashford/Jimenex > Salah/Greenwood/Vardy but even looking at it written it feels like a very sideways move that could backfire spectacularly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53357841

As a Kane owner and a Fernandes non captainer, this hasn’t improved my mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

94 and banked the transfer, so very HEWT. Delayed benefit on the WC. Up to 3,699 and a good chance in the money leagues now (though the competition is fierce). Team looking strong so a top 1k finish might not be totally out of the picture. Was at 827k after GW15 so it's been an excellent second half of the season.

Wrong captain choice again but everyone around me went for KDB it seems so no damage done really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

83 and up to 22k. Sold Egan for mendy this week which was a killer. I was 80K at the restart so things have been going very well especially as I had no chips to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Was at 3.1k at the start of lockdown, after 4 red arrows in a row had dropped all the way to 11.5k.

84 gives me a small green back up to 8.6k. Its been a long few weeks, it feels nice to get a win again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

71 points and down 1.1k to circa 6.6k.

Losing the double Wolves clean sheets in the last few seconds was a killer. Rashford is pissing me off now, he should have scored late on last night.

Congrats to the Fernandes captainers, another great haul but he was damn lucky to get that penalty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Dreadful week. Just as I was making ground. 49pts. Huge drop from 60k to 109k. Thankfully this season is over soon.

Advertisement