Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Plastic Crap in Lidl...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Thargor wrote: »
    Look at all the space the holder takes up on your counter! 4 out of 5 of those spatulas would feel the exact same in your hand. People were bringing this crap to the till and buying it...

gbn91KW.jpg

No price on it in store but its nearly 30 quid on Amazon!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quirky-Spatula-Storage-Detachable-Utensil/dp/B00KCKNYHE

You obviously don't do much cooking. I think its a great idea. You say 4 out of 5 feel the same in your hand... but they are all modular and use the same handle????
    Colour coded for raw/cooked etc
    A little built in stand to avoid messing your counter
    You can put the business end inthe dishwasher and just switch over the handle and stay cooking

The holder is stupidly big but you dont have to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sky King wrote: »
    You obviously don't do much cooking. I think its a great idea. You say 4 out of 5 feel the same in your hand... but they are all modular and use the same handle????
    Colour coded for raw/cooked etc
    A little built in stand to avoid messing your counter
    You can put the business end inthe dishwasher and just switch over the handle and stay cooking

The holder is stupidly big but you dont have to use it.
    Yes because of course anyone who knows anything about cooking goes around swapping the heads on their utensils using the same handle, it's so convenient, modular systems are clearly the future of spatulas. Obviously anyone whose utensils come with their own handles doesn't do much cooking...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Look at this moronic crap I saw in Lidl earlier, note the green sticker "Invented by Real People Like You!", I sense someone actually taking the p1ss there, bet they were amazed when their boss gave it the green light.

Look at all the space the holder takes up on your counter! 4 out of 5 of those spatulas would feel the exact same in your hand. People were bringing this crap to the till and buying it...

gbn91KW.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quirky-Spatula-Storage-Detachable-Utensil/dp/B00KCKNYHE

SOLD!!! Thanks OP, just ordered myself one and 3 more for family members. these look fantastic.

Can this be moved to Bargain Alerts where it belongs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I live of the contents off the middle isle.

One of my best investments is the movement/timer sensitive LED ceiling light, brilliant item sat above the sink so near the window and as such it doubles as a security device. If you approach it outside it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭pgj2015

its like when young lads wear Canada Goose and Hugo Boss gear, you assume they are a drug dealer and in a gang.. If you wore those Lidl trainers no one ever suspect you were a dealer or in a gang, you could walk past the guards with a refuse sack of drugs and they wouldn't suspect you ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Look at this moronic crap I saw in Lidl earlier, note the green sticker "Invented by Real People Like You!", I sense someone actually taking the p1ss there, bet they were amazed when their boss gave it the green light.

gbn91KW.jpg

Think it was about 22 quid in store. You'd get similar individual pieces for 3 or 4 euro each, I don't see the point of this thing, esp as I'd only ever need ONE spatula.
    After a while with constant washing and fitting and refitting handles I'd imagine they would start getting loose and falling off.

They do carry a lot of single use or limited use gimcrack type shıt that will end up in landfill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

If only you could buy replacement ends for these things they would be really brilliant.

Then when my wife burnt the spatula she could keep the handle and just replace the business end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yes, I think replacement ends are a great idea, despite what all the kitchenphobe nay sayers above think!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Reactor

Why would you be so attached to a plastic handle that you would seek out replacement heads for it though? Especially twenty Euro replacement heads when the same spatulas are 1.50 in Dealz and come with their own handles. Also the Locking mechanism will inevitably wear out and break at some point aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Reactor wrote: »
    Why would you be so attached to a plastic handle that you would seek out replacement heads for it though? Especially twenty Euro replacement heads when the same spatulas are 1.50 in Dealz and come with their own handles. Also the Locking mechanism will inevitably wear out and break at some point aswell.

I was just thinking about all those burnt and melted €1.5 spatulas from Dealz we have in the kitchen. My wife is saving the planet single handedly by refusing to buy new spatulas until the old ones look like a burnt marshmallow on the end of a stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Vestiapx wrote: »
    It's a Photoshop

I'm pretty sure it's a grocery shop

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ages back, my mate was the lad who made home made mojitos at house parties. He had a food chopper which he used to crush the ice, and it did a really good job. So I wanted to be the provider of mojitos when he wasn't around, and went off and got a Morphy Richards one, similar to this, was about €60 iirc. Yeah, it says not to use it to chop ice, but my mate was doing it successfully so I thought there wouldn't be an issue. Sure enough, during the second chopping of ice the motor burned out. I brought it back to Harvey Normans and got it exchanged (obviously not saying I was using it to chop ice). Same thing happened with the second one. I returned it for a refund. Few weeks later, Aldi had their own brand version for about €20. Took a chance, and it was only €20 so even if it did break like the MR ones, not much of a loss.

That was about 10 years ago, and I have crushed much ice and made many a mojito, and it's still going strong. From my experience, the Lidl stuff is crap but the Aldi stuff is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

SOLD!!! Thanks OP, just ordered myself one and 3 more for family members. these look fantastic.

Can this be moved to Bargain Alerts where it belongs?

The fcukin thing would need a full empty drawer to itself just for somewhere to live. If someone bought me that I’d be smiling pleasantly And thanking them while mentally planning a charity shop somewhere I could offload it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The fcukin thing would need a full empty drawer to itself just for somewhere to live. If someone bought me that I’d be smiling pleasantly And thanking them while mentally planning a charity shop somewhere I could offload it.

Stick it up on adverts if you receive one. Will swap for a broken PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Stick it up on adverts if you receive one. Will swap for a broken PS1.

And one alloy wheel for a carina e

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah there is a lot of needless crap in the middle aisles, especially the kitchenware stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Seen the thread title and immediately this popped into my head..

"Plastic crap with plastic hallmarks
    Defecation that falls apart
    Plastic cups were just the start
    Plastic crap, plastic crap that keeps going wrong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong - you can't undo what you've doneeee"

Advertisement