Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Egg and chips :)

Or sausages and chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I seriously need to catch up on this thread. In a physical and mental slump at the moment, I can see why other mammals hibernate.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Now you’re talking!!

Exhausted and mentally drained after 3 days of non stop busy in work. Member of my team is being a pain in the arse, but mindful we're all a bit fraught with work and p1ssed off with Covid so trying to bite my tongue.

Wine with dinner tonight I think. If we're having egg and chips, champagne goes great with that, so feck it let's push the boat out :pac:

Gwan the Pooch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Gwan the Pooch!

Slides glasses over to everyone! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

COVID test 31 just done, so i should be back on duty tomorrow morning and i gain a little bit more freedom.

Had the fun of shaving and chopping my hair, the James May relaxed style just doesn’t work around here. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Think I've a uti brewing. Drinking and drinking 7up here like a woman dying of thirst. Hopefully do the trick. So sleepy today. Looking out at a grey, wet day kicks in the hibernation instinct

Have your ever tried CRANBERRY juice for a UTI?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

smurfjed wrote: »
    Have your ever tried CRANBERRY juice for a UTI?
    Oh, you've just reminded me that I've double strength cranberry capsules for just this eventuality! I shall go dig them out and dose up. Cheers Gran

Time to throw some spuds in the steamer for Grumpy's dnner

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Slides glasses over to everyone! Cheers

If ever there was a day to drink it's today, I'm drained from work, I can see everyone is in the same boat, absolutely worn out. Even in the shops I feel the staff are at the end of their tether, I feel so sorry for them all, dealing with the public and coping with all the other stresses atm has taken it's toll ,we're all hitting a wall this week as we've hit the 6 month mark , I'm just taking it one day at a time but I definitely think this is a significant week and we need to mind ourselves and treat ourselves...I bought 2 coats earlier and another few bits, one is a 'fur' so I will need to invest in some 'smalls' to accompany it.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I seriously need to catch up on this thread. In a physical and mental slump at the moment, I can see why other mammals hibernate.

Hibernation sounds like a great idea doesn't it?

Grem and Grandeeod, how about sausage, egg and chips :pac:

smurfjed wrote: »
    COVID test 31 just done, so i should be back on duty tomorrow morning and i gain a little bit more freedom.

Had the fun of shaving and chopping my hair, the James May relaxed style just doesn’t work around here. :)

I posted James May as one of my someone unusual you fancy nominees.

PM.

😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Words out of my mouth, was just going to say why not both..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside on my iPad after a very hectic day work-wise.

Rotten day out there and so glad I got a big walk in the Phoenix Park in yesterday evening.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Get it in! I've often had it for breakfast.:D

I've always felt humans should hibernate. I believe from end of December to the beginning of spring would be ideal. Spring is lovely, summer is lovely, autumn is grand, then there's Christmas to look forward to but after Christmas until spring.. absolute misery. I'd be in favour of a mini hibernation as well for say November this year though!?

Anyway.. himself surprised me with a new phone today! I've been complaining about how crap my phone is and how the camera is gone brutal, hoping he might get me one for Christmas but he just went ahead and surprised me with one today. I may have cried with happiness but I'm actually a broken person so almost everything makes me cry. I can't use it until I get a bomb proof cover though cause I'm such a dropper.

Sorry people are feeling a bit crap today. I knew I should have went and bought a heap of those vanilla slices today to try to redeem my rep around here. Well it's pizza and chips for dinner, I'm about to get start prep and I'll make sure there's lots of slices to go around! ;)

Grem, hope your shoulder feels better soon. Must be very bad if you need help dressing. I was in that position once and it was awful. I couldn't even lift a spoon to my mouth, nevermind get a jumper over my head. Extra large slice of pizza with a magic tablet in for you.

Oh wait.. why did I hide the magic tablet in Grems pizza slice!? She's not a dog!!! :D Sorry. I'll just, you know, offer it to you Grem! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh wait.. why did I hide the magic tablet in Grems pizza slice!? She's not a dog!!! :D Sorry. I'll just, you know, offer it to you Grem! :D

Hahahahahaha brilliant, thoughts, prayers and a fistful of drugs, grand job :p

Hahahahahaha brilliant, thoughts, prayers and a fistful of drugs, grand job :p

Magic drugs! ;)

Magic drugs! ;)

Once it's drugs and not beans ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) lasagne and garlic bread for dinner tonight. I may have bought some Mr Kipling After dinner mint fancies for dessert :D Go on slide the plates over :D

Congrats Notwhosheseems :)

Hugs to you Phoenix ((hugs))

And magic drugs to you Grem :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae, god a Mr Kipling would be lovely with it........:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside relaxing after a busy day in the home office, there's a feel of Winter out there tonight but got a lovely walk in before darkness decended, a bit of reading now and an early night.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cup of tea with an empty plate just feels wrong.

Enjoying a homemade pint. Watching, "The Giant Spider Invasion" from 1975. I originally saw it on a double bill in a Cinema with "The Gumball Rally" circa 1978. I was very young. It was a great spider movie back then. It's a crap spider movie now. However if you don't like spiders, it's still creepy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Enjoying a homemade pint. Watching, "The Giant Spider Invasion" from 1975. I originally saw it on a double bill in a Cinema with "The Gumball Rally" circa 1978. I was very young. It was a great spider movie back then. It's a crap spider movie now. However if you don't like spiders, it's still creepy.:D
    You're a weirdo :D

To thine own self be true

You're a weirdo :D

Ah I'm a decent weirdo all the same. I'm great over a few pints in a pub though. If you wanna talk films of a certain genre, I can talk all night.:D

Love those older horrors, pirhana was just amazing

Love those older horrors, pirhana was just amazing

I should probably apologize to the general population here. I'm still on the ever decreasing PUP, through no fault of my own. My job in London died by June. These days I'm getting back to my original creative adventures and watching movies for inspiration for the first time in years. I'm gonna create my way out of the forthcoming economic madness if I can.:D

While I'm still engaged in a new start up, watching stuff and finally having the time to do it, makes me feel free again. Even Mrs G is writing again and we spent the ever decreasing savings on a new laptop with MS 365 to get the show back on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, knackered.
    Mr Sam was annoying the cat today by getting Alexa to play cat noises.
    Cat got his revenge this evening by eating and then puking a rat on the kitchen floor.
    That was the point at which I decided to hand him a bottle of bleach and go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As revenge goes puking a rat up is pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Bedside, knackered.
    Mr Sam was annoying the cat today by getting Alexa to play cat noises.
    Cat got his revenge this evening by eating and then puking a rat on the kitchen floor.
    That was the point at which I decided to hand him a bottle of bleach and go to bed.
    I had a dream a few weeks ago about a dog coughing up a rat skeleton. It was pretty fecked up, you'd swear I was smoking funny stuff.
    In other news, any sign of Matt or Ben?!

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement