Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Faulty part

• 03-07-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭ maestroamado

I bought genuine BMW flashing unit switch from eBay.es (Spain) about 18 months ago. Just today the flasher is doing the same as the part i replaced which 37 years old.
    The reason i bought in Spain is that's where i found when looking as i had already had the wrong switch sent from UK.
    I am wondering as to how i might get replacement refund as the transaction with post cost €100+.
    I paid with normal PayPal but i could not get on the in touch with, the same with eBay.

Any advise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

can't see you getting a refund after 18 months.
    Maybe the part wasn't genuine or maybe it was a reject, both not unknown on ebay purchases from random sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭ maestroamado

Isambard wrote: »
    can't see you getting a refund after 18 months.
    Maybe the part wasn't genuine or maybe it was a reject, both not unknown on ebay purchases from random sources.

It was not random source and was advertised as Genuine new BMW Part.
    I expect BMW parts last longer than 18 months as the car is used less 50 times a year.

That's why i was happy to buy.
    I am not sure i get refund either as i think the fact that i bought from eBay Spain may also be a problem as my account eBay.uk.

I just thought i put it to the board...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ scannerd

If it was from a private seller I would say no hope, no mater which ebay Uk or Spain, unless the listing stated warranty of 18 months plus? I have sold new genuine parts on ebay before, if someone had in issue in the first couple of months I would refund,but not after that, I'm not BMW. If you purchase from a BMW dealer (at their prices) then yes i would expect them to honor the 24 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ Car99

I bought genuine BMW flashing unit switch from eBay.es (Spain) about 18 months ago. Just today the flasher is doing the same as the part i replaced which 37 years old.
    The reason i bought in Spain is that's where i found when looking as i had already had the wrong switch sent from UK.
    I am wondering as to how i might get replacement refund as the transaction with post cost €100+.
    I paid with normal PayPal but i could not get on the in touch with, the same with eBay.

Any advise...

What part number do you need or what switch for what model BMW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭ ARGINITE

You could try opening a dispute in ebay, if this was done within the first 90 days you would get a refund no questions asked, but due to having the part for the last 18 months I'd say your out of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement