Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Faulty part

• 03-07-2020 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

I bought genuine BMW flashing unit switch from eBay.es (Spain) about 18 months ago. Just today the flasher is doing the same as the part i replaced which 37 years old.
    The reason i bought in Spain is that's where i found when looking as i had already had the wrong switch sent from UK.
    I am wondering as to how i might get replacement refund as the transaction with post cost €100+.
    I paid with normal PayPal but i could not get on the in touch with, the same with eBay.

Any advise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

can't see you getting a refund after 18 months.
    Maybe the part wasn't genuine or maybe it was a reject, both not unknown on ebay purchases from random sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Isambard wrote: »
    can't see you getting a refund after 18 months.
    Maybe the part wasn't genuine or maybe it was a reject, both not unknown on ebay purchases from random sources.

It was not random source and was advertised as Genuine new BMW Part.
    I expect BMW parts last longer than 18 months as the car is used less 50 times a year.

That's why i was happy to buy.
    I am not sure i get refund either as i think the fact that i bought from eBay Spain may also be a problem as my account eBay.uk.

I just thought i put it to the board...

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

If it was from a private seller I would say no hope, no mater which ebay Uk or Spain, unless the listing stated warranty of 18 months plus? I have sold new genuine parts on ebay before, if someone had in issue in the first couple of months I would refund,but not after that, I'm not BMW. If you purchase from a BMW dealer (at their prices) then yes i would expect them to honor the 24 month warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I bought genuine BMW flashing unit switch from eBay.es (Spain) about 18 months ago. Just today the flasher is doing the same as the part i replaced which 37 years old.
    The reason i bought in Spain is that's where i found when looking as i had already had the wrong switch sent from UK.
    I am wondering as to how i might get replacement refund as the transaction with post cost €100+.
    I paid with normal PayPal but i could not get on the in touch with, the same with eBay.

Any advise...

What part number do you need or what switch for what model BMW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

You could try opening a dispute in ebay, if this was done within the first 90 days you would get a refund no questions asked, but due to having the part for the last 18 months I'd say your out of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement