Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gussieg

Anyone else getting aggro at the tills? Two days in a row I've been subjected to aggression and stress from the till. Both men imay add. Or maybe it was the same man.
    Yesterday I was given out to for looking at my phone instead of packing the shopping while he was still scanning.
    I was doing it because I had the app and pay app on the same phone.
    and today even though I apologised at first for leaving my shopping g on an empty belt with NOBODY at it, to go and get something else, he wouldn't let it go and kept at me so I responded. Eventually I was so upset I couldn't find my debit card and the Google pay had blanked itself, that I just said " you know what? Keep it."
    And I walked out but he called me back just so he could tell me never to come back in front of the other customers.
    And I was also told very snottily to take my shopping out of the small cardboard boxes I had put on the belt like in the airport.
    It seems they (or he) had decided that I was selfish and thoughtless and had to be brought down a peg or two.
    And fair enough it's a Friday evening now but yesterday wasn't that busy.
    I don't know it must be me. Maybe it's my perfume.
    I think my grá for lidl is well and truly over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

florawest wrote: »
    Did anyone buy Madeira twin pk on app last week?
    We did but it tasted vile really sour taste and definitely so when my teenage son took two slices and took a bite from both and threw it out.

Maybe just bad batch ðŸ˜

Still in my fridge minus 3 slices ( I had to take slice to see but after one bite that was enough ) not sure if I should take it back.

Must have been a bad batch .I bought one and it tasted fine . Couldn't complain .

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

gussieg wrote: »
    Anyone else getting aggro at the tills? Two days in a row I've been subjected to aggression and stress from the till. Both men imay add. Or maybe it was the same man.
    Yesterday I was given out to for looking at my phone instead of packing the shopping while he was still scanning.
    and today even though I apologised at first for leaving my shopping g on an empty belt with NOBODY at it, to go and get something else, he wouldn't let it go and kept at me so I responded. Eventually I was so upset I couldn't find my debit card and the Google pay had blanked itself, that I just said " you know what? Keep it."
    And I walked out but he called me back just so he could tell me never to come back in front of the other customers.
    And I was also told very snottily to take my shopping out of the small cardboard boxes I had put on the belt like in the airport.
    It seems they (or he) had decided that I was selfish and thoughtless and had to be brought down a peg or two.

Which perfume? King Kouros?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Yesterday I was given out to for looking at my phone instead of packing the shopping while he was still scanning, and today even though I apologised at first for leaving my shopping g on an empty belt with NOBODY at it, he wouldn't let it go and kept at me so I responded. Eventually I was so upset I couldn't find my card and the Google pay had blanked itself, that I just said " you know what? Keep it."

Hi ya,

Gosh that is terrible, send in a complaint to that store plus one to headquarters too stating when and where, I have had a problem or two with money not coming off and got one sales person who got a bit agitated but I stood my ground in a polite way explaining that it wasn't my fault if the app had problems.

Definitely not you, I hate to see rude people either side of the till, it only takes a few minutes to generally sort things.

If Lidl is closer and cheaper go back and ask for their name next time if there is anymore hassle. I know idea is to pack at counter and have sometimes been in a hurry and got behind someone with big trolley packing at till and generally if they smile and say sorry for holding you up, not a big deal for me then.

I too pack most times at till. Just a bad day for that worker ( who knows what he/she has going on in their life), good luck next time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Lidl Athlone, 2 2l bottles of Diet Coke for 99c, dated to mid June

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Get on to CS on What's App and name the store and describe the assistant. Give them the till no and the time and they'll be able to report it to the store manager.

It seems there is such a thing as the postcovid crazies, and that could be what's going on. I don't know if it happens after the vaccine or just the infection, but seems there is a lot of it about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenHelen

@guisseig
    Definitely worth a call to head office especially after their recent campaign of supporting people with communication difficulties at the tills.

Link is - "Jam Card + lidl" into google search, I can't post links yet as I'm a new user.

As a result of this, I thought ALL staff would be trained to be more compassionate to EVERYONE at the tills regardless of whether they have a difficulty or not. Unfortunately that didn't happen for you.

On Topic - Lidl scratch card today was dogfood 35c or breadsticks 59c, I won't be in a hurry to collect.

thanks for that Helenhelen.
    one more thing off topic- never seen these guys in the stores before. and i was a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Next week's app offers look ok
    particularly coffee, nutella, cushelle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

zell12 wrote: »
    Next week's app offers look ok
    particularly coffee, nutella, cushelle

Half off ice cubes tho :pac:
    http://nollog.net/MyBin/IMG_20210529_182931.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

florawest wrote: »
    Did anyone buy Madeira twin pk on app last week?
    We did but it tasted vile really sour taste and definitely so when my teenage son took two slices and took a bite from both and threw it out.

Maybe just bad batch ðŸ˜

Still in my fridge minus 3 slices ( I had to take slice to see but after one bite that was enough ) not sure if I should take it back.
    I bake my own Madeira/Victoria cakes so to me this cake was not wonderful. But at 2 for €1something they were incredible value. I found them a bit sticky and artificial but adequate for something solid to go with a cup of coffee. However I pokes holes in the top with a corn on the cob skewer and lashed on some lemon juice to give them a bit of bite, a lazyman's lemon drizzle, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Salad Dressing or Toffee Hitz

(Again)

Scan your app at till to win your shopping transaction free!

zell12 wrote: »
    Scan your app at till to win your shopping transaction free!

Didn't work for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PopTarts wrote: »
    Salad Dressing or Toffee Hitz

(Again)

€1 off on the scratch card too.

Also saw Tins of Fruit Cocktail on the stand so prob one of the next pair.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Also saw Tins of Fruit Cocktail on the stand so prob one of the next pair.
    Tinned anchovies/sardines also

Serious? If I was behind you I'd nearly pay you to get out of the way. Phone had to search for app - what are you doing when waiting? Everything packed before paid? Left shopping on the belt to get more?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

Salad dressing / Toffee hitz
    1 Euro Off
    Fruit Cocktail / Anchovy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But it’s all the bad shouty mans fault at the till
    The great thing about lidl and aldi is the checkout system being fast but it only takes one

There are more polite ways to ask a customer to hurry up or do things the "correct way" than the way described.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

/\/ollog wrote: »

Honey glazed peanut. Just a lidl bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Renjit wrote:
    Honey glazed peanut. Just a lidl bit!

Their honey glazed peanut/cashew mix is to die for. I had to stop buying them.

AAAAHHND they're back.
    Really surprised how long it took for the backlashes to come in.
    And even more overwhelmed by the kindness of normal people who understood whats it like to be in a similar position.
    theres a few more names off the christmas card list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭thesandeman

AAAAHHND they're back.
    Really surprised how long it took for the backlashes to come in.
    And even more overwhelmed by the kindness of normal people who understood whats it like to be in a similar position.
    theres a few more names off the christmas card list.

I think you've wandered into aisle 3 by mistake.

I think you've wandered into aisle 3 by mistake.

Probably with a load already on the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lidl Plus was down in my local store Yesterday as was card tapping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Their honey glazed peanut/cashew mix is to die for. I had to stop buying them.

Is that LIDL? I've been really annoyed that I couldn't ever find it again....in ALDI! So that explains it. They are lovely, and addictive. And very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

dowtchaboy wrote:
    Is that LIDL? I've been really annoyed that I couldn't ever find it again....in ALDI! So that explains it. They are lovely, and addictive. And very reasonably priced.

Definitely available in lidl. I demolished a bag this weekend :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

How often can you get a scratchcard now days ? Checked on the app and it says once every 24 hours ? I taught I read else where one every 10 hours

Advertisement