Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worms Rumble (yes it has Battle Royale)

Options
  • 01-07-2020 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure what to make of this.

Real time? 32 players?

No more perfectly aimed grenade from across the map??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm liking the look of it. I always wondered how frantic a real time Worms game would be, and they're finally answering the question! It's also ripe for MT's to customise your Worm/Clan, so hopefully they don't lock weapons behind them, which would break the game.

Looks smooth, I'll keep an eye on it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I sometimes miss the old 2D version of games, everything needs to be 3D and Battle ruddy Royle these days which I have zero interest in. Prefer playing games with friends or family at home [personal preference I know, but got sick of online gaming with randomers a long while ago] , used to love the old school turn based worms series - some times were had on those, and stuff like the original Plants vs zombies - but I feel they lose their charm a bit when they go all mod 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked 2.5D? And no destructible environments?
    Looks like it could be fun, but as with the majority of online multiplayer games, I avoid them since I wouldn't be able to dedicate the same time to them as the people who do keep winning.

I do remember back in the days of the Amiga if you didn't kill them directly, they could slide into water or go flying up in the air and come down into water that was exposed by the crater from your bazooka/banana/sheep/holy hand Grenade.
    And you could even use your own pictures as levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can't shoot through the terrain? The ****? This isn't worms at all...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Looks absolutely nothing like a worms game. You need to have destructible terrains, sure that was most of the fun! Won't be getting this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭Homelander

That looks utterly crap to be honest. A worms game in real time with no destructible terrain...so basically Call of Duty/Fortnite with cartoon worms rather then people.

Advertisement