Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: Xbox account banned

Options
  • 01-07-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help me, my teenage son has had his xbox account permanently suspended. He posted a trade on Rocket League for a friend he plays online with which he has now admitted he knew was illegal but said he wasn't going to be part of. The friend told him that he already had something posted so couldn't post a second thing & asked my son to do it who stupidly did.

Of course when he was banned he didn't tell us this and when we appealed we didn't give the full story & they have upheld the suspension. Can we appeal a second time?

We do not plan on doing anything about this for the summer but wondering does that mean that xbox can never play online again? I accept he loses his gamepass (annual pass) & any credits or anything he had built up which is fine by me as he has to learn.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

dizzydoll wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me, my teenage son has had his xbox account permanently suspended. He posted a trade on Rocket League for a friend he plays online with which he has now admitted he knew was illegal but said he wasn't going to be part of. The friend told him that he already had something posted so couldn't post a second thing & asked my son to do it who stupidly did.

Of course when he was banned he didn't tell us this and when we appealed we didn't give the full story & they have upheld the suspension. Can we appeal a second time?

We do not plan on doing anything about this for the summer but wondering does that mean that xbox can never play online again? I accept he loses his gamepass (annual pass) & any credits or anything he had built up which is fine by me as he has to learn.

Thanks!

Was it a console ban or gamertag ban? If its a gamertag ban you can still use the console online.

In my experience it will be nigh on impossible to get the account back. Microsoft take a very draconian stance on illegal activity on their service.

I used to work for xbox many moons ago and i seen a roughly 99% upholding of the ban.

Im sorry to say they account is probably gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

create a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

You might get a more detailed reply on the XBOX forum.

The Xbox itself is not banned (I assume, although Microsoft can ban a device as well as an account).
    Therefore a new account will be able to go online with a new live account on your Xbox.
    Also any downloaded games on the console can be played by a new account holder.
    Obviously your's son's acoount, all achievements and in game purchases are now gone.

There may be some more details about Game pass that I'm not aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dizzydoll

Thanks for the response. I thinks it's his account only but my daughter had an account also but that doesn't appear to be working either. I'm not very knowledgeable about the Xbox & he is banned from going near it so I could be wrong.

My daughter was able to put in the Minecraft disc and pay the offline version but not the online version.

Thanks for the info, I will try set up a new account for my daughter as she would not have any achievements or purchases. I was afraid that the console was banned if account is banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

A quick way to check if the device is banned is to use this tool from Microsoft.

Sorry that may only work for 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Well Xbox live was probably tied to the son's account so now no-one can play online, you'd need a new account, with new xbox live and gamepass most likely, or else just buy Xbox Live for your daugthers account. Unless the console itself was banned, which I think would be far more rare though not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Console bans are usually dished out when the console has been detected as modified, so i would say its an account ban.

You need a new live subscription, and any games you may have bought your son through live are also gone im afraid.

Advertisement