Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who would be in your supergroup of arseholes?

Options

Comments

Saddened to see Sinead O'Connor and Pete Doherty mentioned here.

I don't have a "list" but any list of mine would only mention those as giants. I don't care whether they are arseholes or not, their music can speak for itself.

Ray D'arcy is another story.

I know but we're talking about them, not their work. That's like you saying, ah I know he's a giant in terms of charity and as such, I wont be putting Mr saville on my list...it's just a shame he never got his claws on a young tubridy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Nobody mentioned Trump yet? Because he'd be the greatest arsehole of them all I would say, nobody does arseholes better than him, and he knows arseholes.

rusty cole wrote: »
    I know but we're talking about them, not their work. That's like you saying, ah I know he's a giant in terms of charity and as such, I wont be putting Mr saville on my list...it's just a shame he never got his claws on a young tubridy!

That's a really stupid comparison. and you know it. In fact, I don't think it even merits a reply, so let's stop here.

Trumps is a what you see is what you get and YES I know I'm an arsehole, type of arsehole. It's the BONO and George clooney do as I say not as I do arsehole that needs reigning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Beyonce. Enormous ego.

• Advertisement

That's a really stupid comparison. and you know it. In fact, I don't think it even merits a reply, so let's stop here.

really?? wanna join a band????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Didn't know they were musicians.

They aren’t.

You must have missed the many other non-musician posters in the 7 pages before my post that set the context of the thread.

The likes of The Happy Pear twins, Obama, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Charlie Sheen, Bill Cosby, some lads neighbour, Meg Ryan, Ryan Giggs, Jeremy Clarkson, Conor McGregor, Michael Moore, the Go Compare guy, Sean Penn, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D’arcy and Jeff from Peep Show to name a few.

Strange that you missed all of those examples and quoted my post from pages back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

kingtiger wrote: »
    My supergroup would have to contain

Mick Jagger (can't shut up and let the band play music without him shoving his ugly mug into the spotlight, with his hooping and hollering)

Chris Martin (self explanatory)

Damon Albarn (as Adele said "never meet your idols")

Bono (Self explanatory)

Sting (Ego the size of the Universe)

The Gallagher brothers (Self explanatory)

Roger Waters (a cheat and self absorbed)

Lars Ulrich (Self explanatory)

Bob Geldof (could write so much about this fraud, but couldn't be bothered)

Can anyone else add some more members to my supergroup?

Of all those I've actually only ever met Bono, met him a few times actually and found him completely fvcking sound. I was working on the door of The Kitchen nightclub at the time, late 90's and he owned the kip.

Can't stand Geldof.

One based on personal experience Brendan O'Connor, an arsehole of the highest order.

I met Mel Gibson a few times when he was making a movie where I work, I not exactly an arsehole but pretty close, a strange dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

They aren’t.

You must have missed the many other non-musician posters in the 7 pages before my post that set the context of the thread.

The likes of The Happy Pear twins, Obama, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Charlie Sheen, Bill Cosby, some lads neighbour, Meg Ryan, Ryan Giggs, Jeremy Clarkson, Conor McGregor, Michael Moore, the Go Compare guy, Sean Penn, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D’arcy and Jeff from Peep Show to name a few.

Strange that you missed all of those examples and quoted my post from pages back.

I quoted others before yours. And I'm not going to labour the point by quoting all of them.

You also thanked another post that pointed out that it should be musicians we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭HBC08

That Jay Kay arsehole from Jamiroquai.

Check out Jay Kay Headbutt on YouTube.
    One of the funniest things on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Billy Corgan - Love the Smashing Pumpkins and he has written some amazing songs....but he is undeniably a dickhead of the highest order.

I dunno. I’ve been watching a lot of interviews with him on YouTube lately and he’s definitely self absorbed and a bit irritating but he's also quite honest and thoughtful. I’m surprised at how interesting he is to listen to as I was never a huge Pumpkins fan in the first place.

Saddened to see Sinead O'Connor and Pete Doherty mentioned here.

I don't have a "list" but any list of mine would only mention those as giants. I don't care whether they are arseholes or not, their music can speak for itself.

Pete Doherty as a musical giant? I note you cultivated a sense of humour during your hiatus. Doherty is a depraved junkie with the scholarly nuance of a hormonal teenager, a less than stellar legacy at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Dr. Dre
    Eminem
    Stereophonics
    50 Cent
    And of course Bob Geldof

Pete Doherty as a musical giant? I note you cultivated a sense of humour during your hiatus. Doherty is a depraved junkie with the scholarly nuance of a hormonal teenager, a less than stellar legacy at best.

Indeed. I'm fond of Tyrant but have to disagree with his view of Pete Doherty. He is some gobshìte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Vocals - van Morrison
    Bass - sting
    Guitar - noel Gallagher
    Drums - Lars Ulrich

Backing vocals z Brian Kennedy/ sinead o connor/ Linda martin

Rothko wrote: »
    Why Emma Watson? I don't particularly like her or anything, just curious.

I find her pontificating and, God forgive me for using the word, "wokeness" to be nauseating.

I quoted others before yours. And I'm not going to labour the point by quoting all of them.

You also thanked another post that pointed out that it should be musicians we are talking about.

Fair enough, I didn’t see your other posts.

I gave some examples of musicians early on but the thread went ‘off topic’ so I went with the flow.

I find her pontificating and, God forgive me for using the word, "wokeness" to be nauseating.

Latest being her condemnation of JK Rowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That Jay Kay arsehole from Jamiroquai.

A bellend of the highest order. Always hated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

gemma o'doherty - a ****en wanker
    Bono- prick. Is it true he was riding one of the coors? Don’t want to believe it, unless it was the bloke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,355 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This thread was better when people tried to stick to a musical theme. Now it's just people listing off the same names of people they hate that you see again and again - Claire Daly, Ruth Coppinger, Gemma O' d - yawn, yawn, yawn.

Come on guys why stifle your hate, broaden your horizons of bile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Gary Glitter
    Pete Townshend
    Bill Wyman
    Ian Watkins (not H from Steps - the other one)
    Glen Hansard

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The arseholes singing outside my door at 4 in the morning.

The singer from Pantera for being a prick and a white supremacist.

Axel Rose for persistently keeping concert goers waiting for three hours or more.

Van Morrisson for being a grumpy b#locks.

Ronan Keating, Brian Kennedy, Chris de Burgh and Imelda May.

Any hip hop, r n b act who go around everywhere with an enormous entourage. Beyonce etc.

Who are all these hangers on apart from the ten fat bodyguards in shades?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Any hip hop, r n b act who go around everywhere with an enormous entourage. Beyonce etc.

Who are all these hangers on apart from the ten fat bodyguards in shades?

Bullet buffers

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭BillyBiggs

Our new coalition party leaders is all the arsehole supergroup we need.

Martin always strikes me as a bluffer.

Mary Lou
    Paul Murphy
    Violet-Anne Wynne
    Riada Cronin

• Advertisement

Mary Lou
    Paul Murphy
    Violet-Anne Wynne
    Riada Cronin