Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study reveals men with cats are a dating turnoff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's hilarious! They're so unnatural. I'm not sure it's the cat at all but the photos where they're sitting sideways they just look.. weirder. It's clear it's not their own cat either.. they look so awkward holding it. Honestly those second pictures look like deranged men holding cats hostage.

The solo photos look like school photos for adult, in the cat photos they look like crazy cat killers smiling before the kill.

The solo photos look like school photos for adult, in the cat photos they look like crazy cat killers smiling before the kill.

:D Yeah exactly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Let's see how many men are turned off by women with kids, far dirtier and noisier than any cat.

That is a dice roll in itself.I dated a few with kids where the kids were absolute gems.And a few where the kid was a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,513 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

:confused: The outside is a cats natural habitat. I mean they are predators, it's literally what they are designed to do, to roam free within reason and hunt.

And no, no I don't want a cat doing it's business inside my place, it's simply not hygienic.

There's this thing mankind did thousands of years ago, it was called 'domesticating animals'. I suggest you look it up.

Or would you rather all domesticated pets roamed around hunting for prey and crapping everywhere?
    Wibbs wrote: »
    Belgian Malinois especially if they're from a working line can have very strong prey instincts, so it doesn't really surprise me to hear that O. Neither does it surprise me to hear she's good with people. You can have similar with other shepherd breeds. Huskies can be nightmares for this too. Belgian Malinois tend to be pretty high on the intensity and intelligence stakes too and get bored easily, which might be part of it? IMHO unless you get lucky you need a fair bit of experience to deal with certain dog breeds like that.

Indeed, I hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew as they absolutely adore the dog now. She's become part of the family very quickly. That intelligence and intensity you mention puts her in the 'almost feels like a human' category.

She does have a nasty scar under her eye and they're a little concerned that maybe she was a breeding dog in a previous life, hence the extreme aggression to other dogs.

They brought her on a 20km hike the other day up the mountains and she was still climbing 30 foot almost vertical embankments by the end of it, absolute incredible amount of energy!

:confused: The outside is a cats natural habitat. I mean they are predators, it's literally what they are designed to do, to roam free within reason and hunt.

And no, no I don't want a cat doing it's business inside my place, it's simply not hygienic.

But at the same time you have no problem your cats doing in it your neighbours garden?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

But at the same time you have no problem your cats doing in it your neighbours garden?

When did I mention a neighbor?

Christ some people on this site sometimes.

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's this thing mankind did thousands of years ago, it was called 'domesticating animals'. I suggest you look it up.

Or would you rather all domesticated pets roamed around hunting for prey and crapping everywhere?

Indeed, I hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew as they absolutely adore the dog now. She's become part of the family very quickly. That intelligence and intensity you mention puts her in the 'almost feels like a human' category.

She does have a nasty scar under her eye and they're a little concerned that maybe she was a breeding dog in a previous life, hence the extreme aggression to other dogs.

They brought her on a 20km hike the other day up the mountains and she was still climbing 30 foot almost vertical embankments by the end of it, absolute incredible amount of energy!

Depends on the pet. A dog no, a cat yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Depends on the pet. A dog no, a cat yes.

And then we wonder why cat owners are not considered attractive.

When did I mention a neighbor?

Christ some people on this site sometimes.

Not targeting you specifically,but most cat owners allow their cats to roam free,such as yourself.My neighbours are along of the same line of thinking.And everyday their cats ****e,spray and kill the birds I feed in my garden.

I've confronted them many times over it and their excuse is cats are natural outdoor animals.which is BS,same way other animals can adapt to indoor living so can cats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,354 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Cats are awesome. Don't think I could date someone who hates them. Sadly, I'm allergic so I can't have one. The little sh*ts know it as well. I can see it in their eyes.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Not targeting you specifically,but most cat owners allow their cats to roam free,such as yourself.My neighbours are along of the same line of thinking.And everyday their cats ****e,spray and kill the birds I feed in my garden.

I've confronted them many times over it and their excuse is cats are natural outdoor animals.which is BS,same way other animals can adapt to indoor living so can cats.

It's disgusting letting an animal **** in your neighbours garden.

[QUOTE=I Am Nobody;113856894]Not targeting you specifically,but most cat owners allow their cats to roam free,such as yourself.[/B]My neighbours are along of the same line of thinking.And everyday their cats ****e,spray and kill the birds I feed in my garden.

I've confronted them many times over it and their excuse is cats are natural outdoor animals.which is BS,same way other animals can adapt to indoor living so can cats.[/QUOTE]

So you are targeting me then :rolleyes:

Cats are awesome. Don't think I could date someone who hates them. Sadly, I'm allergic so I can't have one. The little sh*ts know it as well. I can see it in their eyes.

I don't hate them just don't like them. People who don't like animals are strange. I am always suspicious of them.

And then we wonder why cat owners are not considered attractive.

Speak for yourself, you're the same one who once maintained they wouldn't get into a taxi if a man was driving it.

I wouldn't pass any heed what you have to say.

So you are targeting me then :rolleyes:

If your allowing that same behaviour regardless of your neighbours then I guess I am.

If your allowing that same behaviour regardless of your neighbours then I guess I am.

Nah I'm not getting drawn into an argument with other grown adults about cats doing their business, seems odd.

Nah I'm not getting drawn into an argument with other grown adults about cats doing their business, seems odd.

It is about cat owners ok with their cats doing it in other peoples gardens.but ok we will leave it at that then.

It is about cat owners ok with their cats doing it in other peoples gardens.but ok we will leave it at that then.

Well no, It was/is about a study where some women rated men posing with said cats as unattractive until some arsey people got the hump and couldn't deal with another persons opinion on the internet and are seemingly determined to bog down the whole thing into another one of those tedious back and forth bollocks threads that go on and on and on that you get here all the time which I find laughable and to the general boredom no doubt of everyone else looking in.

But yeah, cats are awesome.

Well no, It was/is about a study where some women rated men posing with said cats as unattractive until some arsey people got the hump and couldn't deal with another persons opinion on the internet and are seemingly determined to bog down the whole thing into another one of those tedious back and forth bollocks threads that go on and on and on that you get here all the time which I find laughable and to the general boredom no doubt of everyone else looking in.

But yeah, cats are awesome.

Fair enough,but I was going by the discussion we were having at the moment.and I do agree it would be a discussion that would go around in circles.But at least you and me know our view point.I'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jaysus :eek:

You do realise that a lot of people with pets have actually taken them in as rescues and are trying to, you know, actually save animals?

so contibuting by helping to disguise the problems caused by a huge industry. they're basically accessories to animal abuse.

• Advertisement

kowloonkev wrote: »
    so contibuting by helping to disguise the problems caused by a huge industry. they're basically accessories to animal abuse.

I'm going to put this at around #6 of most retarded things said on boards.ie in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

On the subject I had a phantom ****ter on my back lawn last night. A pile of dirt; only yards away from a pile of dirt what’s up with that new levels of laziness I thoug it was the little cocker george spaniel thing next door but I thought to myself no chance of that scaling the wall so what was it....out of spite? I don’t know this cat on a personal level or anything; never a bad word said never even seen the ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Bobblehats wrote: »
    On the subject I had a phantom ****ter on my back lawn last night. A pile of dirt; only yards away from a pile of dirt what’s up with that new levels of laziness I thoug it was the little cocker george spaniel thing next door but I thought to myself no chance of that scaling the wall so what was it....out of spite? I don’t know this cat on a personal level or anything; never a bad word said never even seen the ****

Fox? We get one everyday crapping in the yard, often within feet of our dog kennels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Fox? We get one everyday crapping in the yard, often within feet of our dog kennels.

- thank you it’s got to have been

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Guess it’s the same as me seeing girls with just a dog as one of their pics on Tinder. Big turn off, why would I want to go out with some weirdo who thinks the world is in love with her dog as much as she is.
    People who have a pet tend to care for them and therefore are showing their capacity for thinking about something else other than themselves. I would rather date an animal owner than a non animal owner as they are usually cold and self involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bobblehats wrote: »

Fox almost guaranteed.

Cats conceal their sh1t.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I have two cats and they live outside with the dog, the cats are employed as vermin control workers.

Same. They have a job to patrol for mice and get food in return.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,354 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

People who have a pet tend to care for them and therefore are showing their capacity for thinking about something else other than themselves. I would rather date an animal owner than a non animal owner as they are usually cold and self involved.

There are other reasons for people not owning animals than the stereotype you're invoking here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

There are other reasons for people not owning animals than the stereotype you're invoking here.

I'd be happier about someone who chooses not to own a pet because they don't have the time or facilities to look after it properly than someone who gets a pet as an accessory or "for de kids".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I'm dating the person, not the animal. It's odd to put your pet in your profile pics. If it's a picture of you with your dog then yeah ok cool. You have a pet and like your dog.

When I see profiles with one of the pics as just her dog all I think about is those weirdos who say "my baby" or any of that.

Putting their dog on a pedestal like "He's just the best ever and is my bestest friend in the world"

Just a tad hint of crazy cat lady substituted with a dog instead.

Advertisement