Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard courses. Free college courses sponsored by the Irish Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Kiith wrote: »
    I've emailed Athlone twice since i was told i'd get an offer last Monday, but nothing so far. Might email the contact on the Springboard page now, as the person who emailed me the offer notice is different.

Do!

Anyone I have been in contact with between CCT, AIT, Maynooth, WIT and Carlow IT have all been the contact person on the Springboard page. Do it ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I see my application to UL was downloaded by staff in the admissions office today, hoping that means there's an offer coming.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

When people had to submit the CV and exam transcripts did thery then come back and ask for the wages info? Or did they just find that themselves? IF so how long till they ask for employment details? In an awkward situation moving home after getting made redundant so trying to figure out what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I see my application to UL was downloaded by staff in the admissions office today, hoping that means there's an offer coming.......

What course did you apply for?

kilburn wrote: »
    What course did you apply for?

Certificate in Management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

Has anyone heard back from NUIG?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Blizzard wrote: »

I got word on Tuesday I believe, for a course that had deadline for applications of 31st july

My wife applied for a course there but has heard nothing. She can see that during the week her application was downloaded by someone new in NUIG, as in not the original person handling her application, so hopefully she hears something early this week.

Anybody know what will be accepted for utility bill? Having just moved home from abroad and living with my Dad my options are very limited! Have my bank account statement and could perhpas quickly switch to bill mobile? I've gone back and asked them as I've got acceptance but they require a utility bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I don't have any utilities in my name either but a bank or credit card statement should do. Something from revenue also like a tax certificate or something from the social welfare with your address on it is usually accepted too.

• Advertisement

Jet Black wrote: »
    I don't have any utilities in my name either but a bank or credit card statement should do. Something from revenue also like a tax certificate or something from the social welfare with your address on it is usually accepted too.

Yeah they replied and said bank statement was fine :)

I applied for several courses via Springboard with the idea of keeping my options open and hopefully getting accepted to one or two and then making a decision (thinking that the acceptances would come in around the same time). At nearly midnight on Friday I got accepted to a course and the acceptance deadline is tomorrow. This course would have been number 3 on my list but is applicable to what I want to do. Over the weekend I emailed the other two colleges where my first & second choice courses are but both have replied advising they won't be making offers until next week.

I'm not sure what to do as if I wait and see I could miss out on my only potential opportunity, or should I contact the college making the offer and ask for a one week extension? Has anyone else done this & gotten an extension?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do!

Anyone I have been in contact with between CCT, AIT, Maynooth, WIT and Carlow IT have all been the contact person on the Springboard page. Do it ASAP.

Did this last week, and still nothing. Really frustrating after being told i would get the offer. At this stage, I honestly don't mind if i didn't get in, but i really wish someone would let me know either way :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Kiith wrote: »
    Did this last week, and still nothing. Really frustrating after being told i would get the offer. At this stage, I honestly don't mind if i didn't get in, but i really wish someone would let me know either way :mad:

Similar boat with nci tbh and no one there responding to anything. Big fear is I’ll miss out on being able to get into anything else if they drag it out much further and then dont make an offer. Not the best system in terms of overall admin

I applied for several courses via Springboard with the idea of keeping my options open and hopefully getting accepted to one or two and then making a decision (thinking that the acceptances would come in around the same time). At nearly midnight on Friday I got accepted to a course and the acceptance deadline is tomorrow. This course would have been number 3 on my list but is applicable to what I want to do. Over the weekend I emailed the other two colleges where my first & second choice courses are but both have replied advising they won't be making offers until next week.

I'm not sure what to do as if I wait and see I could miss out on my only potential opportunity, or should I contact the college making the offer and ask for a one week extension? Has anyone else done this & gotten an extension?

Earlier in the thread I think somebody mentioned getting an extension.

What colleges said it would be next week before they would be making offers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got accepted for a Postgraduate Diploma in Cybersecurity in Letterkenny there. Will probably accept that in the next few days, assuming i hear nothing from Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

I heard back on the 3rd, deadline was the 31st. They required additional info, which I provided that day. I was emailed early the next morning with the offer. Im presuming the timing of response is due to how popular the course is maybe?

Delighted I was accepted, im guessing the remainder of 2020 and a good portion of 2021 will be just us existing with COVID, best make use of what would be an otherwise dire year.

Earlier in the thread I think somebody mentioned getting an extension.

What colleges said it would be next week before they would be making offers

NUIG and UL -- I applied for management courses. Not sure if anyone has already heard back on these courses.

I heard back on the 3rd, deadline was the 31st. They required additional info, which I provided that day. I was emailed early the next morning with the offer. Im presuming the timing of response is due to how popular the course is maybe?

Delighted I was accepted, im guessing the remainder of 2020 and a good portion of 2021 will be just us existing with COVID, best make use of what would be an otherwise dire year.

Congrats, that's great and I feel the same regarding using the rest of the year to do something productive. Can I ask what course you got accepted on? Best of luck with it.

NUIG and UL -- I applied for management courses. Not sure if anyone has already heard back on these courses.

I applied for the cert in management in UL but haven't heard anything back yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Just got accepted for DCU! Delighted. Thanks everyone!

I've applied for a course in UL and just received an email stating my application is complete and will now be considered by the Course Director

My application says "enrolled" now after I accepted yesterday so hopefully that means all checks are done. Went for a postgraduate Cert in Biophamaceutical processing, in case anybody else doing it. Mine is based out of NIBRT but sligo seem to run the admissions.

Anybody get asked for the 10% fees yet, or know when to expect that invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭This is it

My application says "enrolled" now after I accepted yesterday so hopefully that means all checks are done. Went for a postgraduate Cert in Biophamaceutical processing, in case anybody else doing it. Mine is based out of NIBRT but sligo seem to run the admissions.

Anybody get asked for the 10% fees yet, or know when to expect that invoice?

I got an invoice last week for 10%, doesn't have a due date but I'll sort it this week or next

This is it wrote: »
    I got an invoice last week for 10%, doesn't have a due date but I'll sort it this week or next

Did it take long after you accepted the offer to get it?

For once I'll be relieved to get an invoice as had to push the qualifying terms to the limits to get in (Getting made redundant in UK but will be home in Ireland just before the course starts, so took a lot of negotiating, so hopefully they don't change mind last min!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 delishdoughnut

No still havent heard from them. I was hoping to do a Learning and Development course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Its over 20yrs since I did my Diploma. I dont even remember getting results each yr!! I tended to scrape through if Im honest!! Feck I better contact DIT.
    I presume they will know what Im looking for.

Thanks

My degree doesn’t even exist in its original form anymore :) I mailed UL about it and they accepted my 4th year transcript & waived a reference, given that I did my BA 20 years ago. Hopefully DIT will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Toashty91

I received an email yesterday from TUD explaining that I did not meet the criteria for the course I had applied for.
    Which is incorrect.
    They suggested that if i could provide an online portfolio of work and demonstrate a proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite they would consider my application. This was only required if you did not meet the minimum grade required, which I do.
    I've already been offered a place on their full fee-paying course of the same name on a different campus so I clearly do meet the criteria. Needless to say, I sent a rather lengthy reply. Light a candle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭This is it

Did it take long after you accepted the offer to get it?

For once I'll be relieved to get an invoice as had to push the qualifying terms to the limits to get in (Getting made redundant in UK but will be home in Ireland just before the course starts, so took a lot of negotiating, so hopefully they don't change mind last min!)

I was accepted about 3 weeks after it opened, not sure how long ago that was. Maybe 6-8 weeks? But I'd presume you'll get them much sooner now since start dates are coming in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

No still havent heard from them. I was hoping to do a Learning and Development course.

My wife has also applied for this course but heard nothing yet

Advertisement