Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard courses. Free college courses sponsored by the Irish Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

kilburn wrote: »
    Did you have Black belt already?

I have a masters in Lean from WIT and Certified Lean Expert from Industry, course leader said that i am eligible for the course.

Are you applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

py wrote: »
    Actually, I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard back on the postgrad courses in DCU? From those who have posted, it seems they are all undergrad thus far.

No word yet for me. Week today since they last looked at my form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 delishdoughnut

Anyone hear back from NUIG yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Nope, application submitted on the 7th and only downloaded this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Was told they wouldn't be getting back to people when her they're accepted or not until after the course deadline which for mine is the 31wt July

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I’ve just got notice my Job Benefit is going to be paid out so now will apply for courses. A busy day as deadlines are tomorrow for many courses

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

i put in a few applications yesterday and got word back this morning for 2 of them. so for anyone thinking of applying, it seems you are not too late and they dont seem to be overly subscribed. only problem is i dont want any offers until my first choice of dcu come back to me. and i think that could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

What areas you are you looking at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Carlow still haven't sent me my transcripts, two weeks after requesting them. Some deadlines coming up, so hopefully they hurry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Anyone get an offer from UL yet, I sent them on the documents they requested but heard nothing back yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Back in the old days (LOL) i have a third level certificate - two year course -, what is that equivalent to in the new system does anyone know?

mel123 wrote: »
    Back in the old days (LOL) i have a third level certificate - two year course -, what is that equivalent to in the new system does anyone know?

I'd say it's probably a level 6 in today's system

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Got this email from TU course director last night after submitting my application as soon as springboard opened at end fo June.

"Thank you for your application.

We have received 138 applications (including some duplicates) across 3 related programmes to process. Please be patient with us as we work our way through all of these with the appropriate rigour.

On two of our programmes we have multiple streams so assessment of applicants needs to take account of candidate suitability as well as available places per stream.

We will contact each of you individually as soon as possible.

Please remember that applicants who have provided full and complete information as per the requirements listed on the springboard application site will be prioritised.

In relation to the Postgraduate Certificate in BIM Technologies only priority will be given to those Springboard applicants who had previously applied to enter the programme via the TU Dublin application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hearscheme

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I’ve just got notice my Job Benefit is going to be paid out so now will apply for courses. A busy day as deadlines are tomorrow for many courses
    Hey, just wondering if you have to notify the dole about doing the Springboard course or complete any forms for them in order to do the course while on JSA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

kilburn wrote: »
    Did you have Black belt already?

I do as well but it's only to keep my trousers from falling down in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭py

Still nothing back from post grad DCU course.

Provisional offer for AIT on one course I applied to, pending documentation being in order. Nothing from the other course there.

TUD has decided to not offer me the course I applied to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I'm fully unemployed and getting the covid payment.

I applied for a course and won't be getting it unless I'm on a jobseeker's payment.

Does that make sense to anybody?

Apparently, the covid payment will last past August, probably reduced payment. But now I won't get the course unless I'm on a jobseeker's payment. So I have to pick between the covid payment or jobseeker's and do the course.

If you apply for for more than one course does the application form from the first application self-populate for subsequent forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

If you apply for for more than one course does the application form from the first application self-populate for subsequent forms?

Seems to. It will only populate fields that have been filled in before.

Say NCI asked you for your address without an Eircode and then you go to apply to TUD and they ask for your address with an Eircode, the "Eircode field" will highlight to be filled down the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I'm fully unemployed and getting the covid payment.

I applied for a course and won't be getting it unless I'm on a jobseeker's payment.

Does that make sense to anybody?

Apparently, the covid payment will last past August, probably reduced payment. But now I won't get the course unless I'm on a jobseeker's payment. So I have to pick between the covid payment or jobseeker's and do the course.
    Is it one you have to be unemployed for?

You're not unemployed on covid sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

If you are are classed as 'employed' on the covid payment, surely the option to pay the 10% of the course fee is there.

what happens when you accept on Springboard. Do you finish dealing with Springboard and have to wait for the 3rd level institute to contact you directly. or do you have to contact them yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Kamu

what happens when you accept on Springboard. Do you finish dealing with Springboard and have to wait for the 3rd level institute to contact you directly. or do you have to contact them yourself?

The institute will get that notice and should be in contact with you through a generic, 'Hi Everyone! Here is what you need to know' email.

If you want to get a head start on things, no issue with you getting in contact though.

I'm going to wait until the deadline passes and get the email for my lecturers.

Kamu wrote: »
    The institute will get that notice and should be in contact with you through a generic, 'Hi Everyone! Here is what you need to know' email.

If you want to get a head start on things, no issue with you getting in contact though.

I'm going to wait until the deadline passes and get the email for my lecturers.

Thanks Kamu.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

My job was made redundant at the end of June. I just received a letter today confirming my Jobseekers Benefit has been approved. Early last week a friend mentioned the courses available via Springboard, which I'd never heard of before. Can anyone advise if--

1) Am I eligible to apply for a business course? I think I overlooked some of the info online or misunderstood it, am I correct in thinking that I am eligible even though I'm only in receipt of JB for the last few weeks? I think that what is confusing me is the info on Springboard advising you have to be in receipt of "DEASP payment for 9 of the previous 12 months if they wish to participate on one-year full-time ICT Skills Conversion courses." That just applies to ICT courses and not other part-time courses, right?

2) I applied for a couple of courses at UL last week (on July 15 and 17) but haven't heard anything back yet, deadline is today. I haven't even received the email from UL requesting my supporting documents as they don't require them to be uploaded to the Springboard site. Should I just sit tight?

Blizzard wrote: »
    My job was made redundant at the end of June. I just received a letter today confirming my Jobseekers Benefit has been approved. Early last week a friend mentioned the courses available via Springboard, which I'd never heard of before. Can anyone advise if--

1) Am I eligible to apply for a business course? I think I overlooked some of the info online or misunderstood it, am I correct in thinking that I am eligible even though I'm only in receipt of JB for the last few weeks? I think that what is confusing me is the info on Springboard advising you have to be in receipt of "DEASP payment for 9 of the previous 12 months if they wish to participate on one-year full-time ICT Skills Conversion courses." That just applies to ICT courses and not other part-time courses, right?

2) I applied for a couple of courses at UL last week (on July 15 and 17) but haven't heard anything back yet, deadline is today. I haven't even received the email from UL requesting my supporting documents as they don't require them to be uploaded to the Springboard site. Should I just sit tight?

I applied for a course in UL on the 11th, didn't get the request for documents until the 20th, haven't heard anything from them since

Seems to. It will only populate fields that have been filled in before.

Say NCI asked you for your address without an Eircode and then you go to apply to TUD and they ask for your address with an Eircode, the "Eircode field" will highlight to be filled down the right hand side.

Thanks for that.

For my first application I had to attach a 1 page CV and a personal statement. Im just wondering does the the second course I applied for do they get my CV and statement too?

I was only going to apply for 1 course and my personal statement is geared towards that course and not so much the second course I applied for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Thanks for that.

For my first application I had to attach a 1 page CV and a personal statement. Im just wondering does the the second course I applied for do they get my CV and statement too?

I was only going to apply for 1 course and my personal statement is geared towards that course and not so much the second course I applied for.
    No, those don’t transfer

No, those don’t transfer

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Blizzard

Update: I received an email from UL advising there is "high demand for the course and that I MUST submit an application to the University of Limerick online system, however, the link is not yet available and that they will email the link to apply as soon as it’s available."

We'll see what happens, I'm happy to have heard something at least. :)

Advertisement