Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False widow spider in house window gap - leave or not?

Options
2»

Comments

scilover wrote: »
    Just be soooo sure that it is out of the house! It is the most venomous spider! Call pest control or anything if you have to!!

huntsman-spider-venom-e1587661981289.png

Not only is the black widow far more venomous than it's "false" cousin, it's far from the most venomous spider.

That list appears to list north American spiders only.

Don't be scaremongering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭watlantic

False widows and slugs found on my property are sent straight to hell without passing go.
    Good on ye. boy. They're an invasive species that first were reported in the late 90s in the east of Ireland and then were hardly seen for a few years. However, they rapidly increased in population in the past 10 years, but now are becoming a plague all over the country. They were 'imported' from the Canary Islands where they have natural enemies, but here they've none and are becoming a plague. They're as useful as the invasive Japanese Knotweed, and what do you do with that ?
    BTW ticks (carriers of more than 20 diseases, eg. Lyme disease) are spiders, too. Anyone in defence of ticks ? Would you extract a tick and then set it free in your garden to mate and multiply ?
    Anything that might bite me gets to fight my hoover anyway, and the lit fire after that:mad:

Advertisement