Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danny Masterson ( Hyde from that 70s show ) charged with rape of three women

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why are you making up stories that she was raped?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I didn't.

"Boards is like that at times. If there's a chance to twist another poster's words someone will step up."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

No, not prudishness. But modern social media culture has an unhealthy focus on outrage and exaggeration. There is also a perverse celebration of victimhood for a specific type of attention seekers.

• Advertisement

Ashton and Mila just resigned from THORN, the anti-child-sex-abuse charity he co-founded with Demi Moore.

September 14, 2023

Thorn Board,

After my wife and I spent several days of listening, personal reflection, learning, and conversations with survivors and the employees and leadership at Thorn, I have determined the responsible thing for me to do is resign as Chairman of the Board, effectively immediately. I cannot allow my error in judgment to distract from our efforts and the children we serve.  

As you know, I have worked for 15 years to fight for people who are sexually exploited. Victims of sexual abuse have been historically silenced and the character statement I submitted is yet another painful instance of questioning victims who are brave enough to share their experiences. This is precisely what we have all worked to reverse over the last decade.

The mission must always be the priority and I want to offer my heartfelt apology to all victims of sexual violence and everyone at Thorn who I hurt by what I did. And to the broader advocacy community, I am deeply sorry. I remain proud of what we have accomplished in the past decade and will continue to support Thorn’s work. Thank you for your tireless advocacy and dedication to this cause. 

Sincerely, 

Ashton Kutcher

https://www.thorn.org/blog/an-update-from-thorn/

The Ashton/Mila PR team ('an anonymous source') telling Daily Mail that the couple are claiming looming victimhood of cancel culture

'They legitimately feel like they are getting canceled,' a source told DailyMail.com exclusively. 'Ashton was looking forward to this past weekend being very low-key and devoted to watching football and dealing with his fantasy football teams. 

'With all the people railing against them, it isn't going to go away anytime soon, and they are feeling it. They are hoping as time passes, people will forget and or move on from their criticism. 

'But as of right now, they are anticipating that the damage of it all might affect obtaining future work in film and TV.'

They continued: 'One saving grace financially speaking. Mila's voice work will continue on Family Guy, she will have that forever. The cast and crew of Family Guy has her back.'

Ashton has faced fresh scrutiny, with old videos resurfacing of his past alleged problematic behavior, in the wake of Danny's shocking conviction. Danny was sentenced to 30 years in prison for sexually assaulting two women in 2003.

One video that has made its way back into the spotlight is from an episode of MTV series Punk'd and shows a then-25-year-old Ashton making a questionable comment about Hilary Duff when she was just 15 years old.

'She's one of the girls that we're all waiting for to turn 18. Along with the Olsen twins,' he said.

The insider added that Ashton knows that the comment 'didn't age well.'

'One saving grace financially speaking. Mila's voice work will continue on Family Guy, she will have that forever. The cast and crew of Family Guy has her back.' Now why would they call attention to such hubris at a time like this. Justin Roiland at one time thought the same I'm sure, but he learned nobody is replaceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus, that's the kind of comment I'd expect out of a NAMBLA supporter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Thread is being completely derailed by off topic bickering.

Posts have been deleted. Let's get back on topic please.

@Faugheen and @Jequ0n drop the on thread argument, take it to PM if you wish. Report inappropriate posts.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 85,136 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ That shows her support to him, now backtracking

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CrazyEric

She was probably advised to do so by the Lawyers. Protect her assets from the inevitable civil lawsuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I don’t think any reasonable person can expect her to stay married to him when he’s going to prison for thirty years for multiple rapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Trying to fight negative optics with positive optics. American celebs are now damned if they do or damned if they don't.

Joins a cause or apologise - it is viewed as insincere.

Distance themselves from a flawed cause - it is viewed as covering their arse.

Talk about themselves and their primary job, but nothing else, it is viewed as self absorbed. Or boring.

Even by association or implication they get tarred (Masterson/Kucher)

OK the Hillary Duff, Olsen twins quip tasteless, yes. But harmless in the overall sense. It was a common enough remark at its time from what I remember.

But for a person who has to play to optics such quips (no matter how old) are just a killer. It is is not lost on me that Ashton gets done by association or implication. Meanwhile, America elected Donald bleeding Trump!

The American celebs are now being held to higher duty of care standard than their politicians it seems??!! Which I find very funny on a lot of levels.

If I was an American celeb I would just sing my songs, do my tv/film work etc.

And never comment on, or go near any cause where there is any sensitivity attached.

If asked to comment on anything politically/sensitive just say "I am just an entertainer. I have absolutely no qualifications to comment beyond that remit."

Simple.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement