Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE does comic relief

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I honestly thought that Andrew Maxwell passed away a few years ago

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Panel was funny for a few years, the arse fell out of it the last year or two of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Laughing my ass off here.

We only used Colin cos we got a grant
    Hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The Panel was a good show

I liked Don't Feed The Gondala's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

These charities are enabling travelers in their entitled attitudes. They already get too much from the Govt & they contribute nothing to society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Too many presenters and too cheesy/fakeness. As said earlier the den hosting it would have been a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Layla Mango Schoolmarm

Did anything ever happen after Peter Casey told Jennifer Z. that she was lying about a backstage conversation at the Late Late?

no hush hush of course once Peter put her back in her box...amazed how mouthy she is, went all quiet so quickly when someone pushed back

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

How bad is it?

Has Rats been on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hogzy wrote: »
    Regardless of all the negativity in this thread its absolutely fantastic to see so much money being raised for a good cause.

What is charity for.

I'm serious.

The government has said they will match it. But it is their job to provide all these services.

We are meant to be a high taxed , social democracy with a center left weight.

Why on earth do we have 1000s of charities in Ireland, we need to get rid of them all. Ban them

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭floraldream

Thought Des Bishop was doing a Mrs. Doubtfire impression there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

ktsul wrote: »
    When does the comedy start? does anyone know?

Still waiting, hope it comes on before the show finishes. Somebody should contact the misleading advertisement agency about this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Great to see such positivity here tonight for a charity event. Christ, cheer the **** up people or change the channel.

It's not being negative. It's just being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Layla Mango Schoolmarm

Too many presenters and too cheesy/fakeness. As said earlier the den hosting it would have been a great idea

if this is Ireland's best in the entertainment field.....well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Great to see such positivity here tonight for a charity event. Christ, cheer the **** up people or change the channel.

Just because it's 'charadee' doesn't mean it's any good. Personally, judging by the comments, I'm glad I dodged the bullet. The expected RTE aping UK efforts and failing miserably.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I used to get tickets to the Panel recordings regularly

It was always better uncut

At one point it was sponsored by Smithwicks and they had gallons of free Smithwicks every night, which I horsed into.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Has that insufferable wagon maeve higgins been on.jesus she's about as funny as covid 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That was very good. O Briain, Murphy and Delamere to a lesser extent were the highlights.

Jesus, Andrew Maxwell dresses like a lad who is playing a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's so strange.

I can understand the lads, filling their pockets etc.

But jesus, how do adults still love boybands? It's so weird. How can you be so interested in something and never notice that they themselves have next to nothing to do with the crap songs? They don't even pick them. It's weird as all hell.

I've seen groups of grown adults taking photos of Shane Filan's house two years after he sold it.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Regardless of all the negativity in this thread its absolutely fantastic to see so much money being raised for a good cause.

This thread is about 2% as negative as I thought it would be. Definitely one of the more positive Fri night threads!

(Possibly because the show is, if I'm honest, a good deal better than it migjt have been).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just saw the weather bit and it was bleak , should I continue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Skid X wrote: »
    I used to get tickets to the Panel recordings regularly

It was always better uncut

At one point it was sponsored by Smithwicks and they had gallons of free Smithwicks every night, which I horsed into.

Good times.

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

deisedevil wrote: »
    It's not being negative. It's just being honest.

If im watching something that doesn't entertain me, I change the channel. Seems stupid to me to watch something that annoys you or doesn't entertain you. Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

That "The Panel" retrospective was actually ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

What is charity for.

I'm serious.

The government has said they will match it. But it is their job to provide all these services.

We are meant to be a high taxed , social democracy with a center left weight.

Why on earth do we have 1000s of charities in Ireland, we need to get rid of them all. Ban them

I agree in many ways as look at the money some CEO’s we’re making from the big charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just donated... swore I wouldn’t at the start but got into it .

Was the other normal people sketch on yet please?

Just saw the weather bit and it was bleak , should I continue?

Ah, do yeah.

It'll clear tomorriw, just a few scattered showers in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

sligojoek wrote: »
    I've seen groups of grown adults taking photos of Shane Filan's house two years after he sold it.

He didn't sell it, it was taken from him.
    The gypos even tore the copper pipes out of it.
    Filan is a chancer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Samantha Mumba.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

If im watching something that doesn't entertain me, I change the channel. Seems stupid to me to watch something that annoys you or doesn't entertain you. Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning I guess.

Picking stuff apart can be highly entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

When it’s for charity you watch to support it and hope it gets better and it’s a conversation to have so few differing reasons to watch. Everyone loves a good whinge or moan shhhure

Advertisement