Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommandations please !

• 17-06-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

can you guys please recommend me a movie that is similair to extraction ? i want somehtnig with a realistic battles. ( not john wick lol)
    Tagged:

Comments

extraction was realistic lol?!

couldn't even finish it tbh - terrible movie I thought.

actually this simple google list is not bad and with better movies

https://www.google.com/search?q=movies+like+extraction&oq=movies+like+ext&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.5364j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Triple Frontier was better I thought.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Iyob wrote: »
    can you guys please recommend me a movie that is similair to extraction ? i want somehtnig with a realistic battles. ( not john wick lol)

If you want well-choreographed physical fights with some gunplay, check out The Raid. If you're more interested in the melee fights, try Chocolate and Ong-Bak. If you want some parkour added into the mix, check out District 13.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Extraction is closer to John Wick than reality. ;)

If you want something like Extraction, but better, watch Man on Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Elite Squad might be of interest. It's a Brazilian movie about the police raids on the favelas.

Dredd is pretty well known, but I'll mention it for being pretty much wall to wall action. It has sci-fi elements, but the action is mostly gunplay.

Hardcore Henry is a first person perspective actioner, with fairly relentless pacing.

Michael Mann movies are pretty consistently good on this front, with Heat and Collateral stand outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fysh wrote: »
    If you want well-choreographed physical fights with some gunplay, check out The Raid. If you're more interested in the melee fights, try Chocolate and Ong-Bak. If you want some parkour added into the mix, check out District 13.

A combination of most of those movies :)

Tony Jaa (Ong Bak)
    Iko Uwais (The Raid)
    Tiger Chen (stuntman mostly)
    Scott Adkins (every other movie ever made)
    Few MMA lads.

its actually quite good, the MMA lads are not just cannon fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A combination of most of those movies :)

Tony Jaa (Ong Bak)
    Iko Uwais (The Raid)
    Tiger Chen (stuntman mostly)
    Scott Adkins (every other movie ever made)
    Few MMA lads.

its actually quite good, the MMA lads are not just cannon fodder.

Everyone's mileage varies,but I was really disappointed by Triple Threat - with the cast it has, it should've been phenomenal, but I thought the fight choreography was really weak and basically amounted to "smaller wiry bloke with fantastic skills trying not to get squished by enormous bloke who does Hulk Smash". Comparing to e.g. Tony Jaa squaring off against an enormous Brazilian capoerista in The Warrior King/The Protector, I was sorely disappointed.

I also thought it sadly telling that, even with a so-so script, the acting from the MMA lads was very much of the "sniff the fart" school whereas the three Uwais, Jaa and Chen actually put some effort in.

Advertisement