Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling after a few pints or cans, is it illegal?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Hairy Japanese BASTARDS!

Did it a while back, got on one side, fell off the other and lost my shoe, decided a taxi was best. Couldn't find the poxy shoe though

May not be illegal nbut you're endangering yourself and other road users.

If you had an accident a certain cohort of people would love to use this to tar is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

May not be illegal nbut you're endangering yourself and other road users.

If you had an accident a certain cohort of people would love to use this to tar is all.

As I said in the post I decided a taxi was best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I on occasion will stop for a pint and meal in my local on a Fri evening and cycle home(country boreen job), I can't say I've ever given it a second thought nor would I be a big drinker or consider cycling while drunk. I do recall one evening I stopped and had a pint of Guinness outside on the bench beside my bike, obviously I was the person it belonged to. Anyway a gentleman who we shall say wasn't a guard semi jokingly scolded me with his own pint in hand about how I could be done by the gardaí for cycling under the influence.

I was waiting for someone and some food so time ticked by and to my surprise as I was leaving later on who should drive out of the car park. I'm not saying either of us were right or wrong but thought it quite ironic.

It was a lesson though as I never considered it was an offence despite it being perfect sense not be cycling after a few pints.

Advertisement