Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Now TV - Sky Sports/Sky Sports Extra (BT Sports/Premier Sports) €23pm/€17pm

Comments

• iHungry wrote: »
    3 months Sports Extra Membership for only €30

Hurry, this offer ends 31 March.

Voucher code: NOWSPXJ2K7EUT4

Can you link to where the code gets inputted?

• Can you link to where the code gets inputted?

When you go to buy the pass it will ask you for any voucher code

• If all you want now tv for is PL football the s sports subscription with a vpn is the way to go, you'll get a full year for less than 1 month now tv and it's 100% legit.

• I've had various nefarious ways of getting sports in the past and I just pay for Now TV these days. There's pretty much always an offer on and I'm willing to pay the €30 a month for the convenience of it. I can take out my phone or iPad and be watching a game in seconds anywhere I want, I share my account with my parents too and they can watch at the same time as me.

My only gripe with it really would be the lack of 1080p, it's criminal they charge extra for this in the UK and just downright bizarre they don't even offer it in Ireland. Also you can't watch on an iPad plugged into a TV, the exact same thing on my MacBook works fine. Why the hell have they made that decision? I'm paying for the service and am allowed watch on a big screen, it's not the sky sports mobile package. I take my iPad with me when traveling so it's a pain I can plug that into a TV to watch films but not sports.

• Advertisement

• I've had various nefarious ways of getting sports in the past and I just pay for Now TV these days. There's pretty much always an offer on and I'm willing to pay the €30 a month for the convenience of it. I can take out my phone or iPad and be watching a game in seconds anywhere I want, I share my account with my parents too and they can watch at the same time as me.

My only gripe with it really would be the lack of 1080p, it's criminal they charge extra for this in the UK and just downright bizarre they don't even offer it in Ireland. Also you can't watch on an iPad plugged into a TV, the exact same thing on my MacBook works fine. Why the hell have they made that decision? I'm paying for the service and am allowed watch on a big screen, it's not the sky sports mobile package. I take my iPad with me when traveling so it's a pain I can plug that into a TV to watch films but not sports.

Yeah totally agree with this. Happy to pay for it when it's on offer but some of the limitations are absolutely bizarre. Also their website is terrible, constantly just trying to sell you new packages instead of showing you what you actually have access to.

I cast Nowtv to my Nvidia shield pro. It has amazing upscaling software. Looks great on my 55in TV. Bit much to be buying it just for that but is an option if you are into your AV setup.

• NOWSMMMAST23
    2 months sky sports for €30

• Hmm, would get two golf majors for that. Tempted!

• Sorry to ask such a basic question.

Is there any way to watch BT Sport without having to subscribe to Sky Sports? I don't want it for the year - just for the Champions Cup Rugby (3 weekends but over 2 months).

• Advertisement

Is there any way to watch BT Sport without having to subscribe to Sky Sports? I don't want it for the year - just for the Champions Cup Rugby (3 weekends but over 2 months).

Subscribe to the sports extra pack only.

• Subscribe to the sports extra pack only.

Thanks. I needed to click one page further than I had. The website originally made it look like I needed to get Sky Sports first.

Not sure if this info is of any use to your decision, know little about rugby :-)

Small writing down the end of offer says this:

Premier Sports do not have broadcasting rights for PRO 14 Rugby in Ireland

you could just get one or two of these lads too.

https://powercity.ie/product/4002169

• you could just get one or two of these lads too.

https://powercity.ie/product/4002169

Do you have to sign up with a new account to get the 1 month Sports free each time? Or does the box just include a unique code or something that you can apply against and existing account?

• spockety wrote: »
    Do you have to sign up with a new account to get the 1 month Sports free each time? Or does the box just include a unique code or something that you can apply against and existing account?

Eh, it's the latter. You plug the stick in at the back of your TV, follow the instructions and then confirm your existing NowTV account with a code via phone/computer, which, in layman's terms, links the NowTV stick pass to your existing NowTV account. You will then see the pass added to your existing NowTV account. (I suppose if you don't have an existing NowTV account, it will ask you to set one up?).

I had the same queries you did before purchasing, but it's pretty nifty / easy to use. Just remember that, once the stick pass is up, it will roll on for another month's subs, paid via the card linked to your NowTV account, so make sure to cancel in advance of the stick pass expiring.

The biggest problem for me with Now TV is the lack of feature to pause live sports or watch a full match just after the event is over (recording feature as such) if I’m working or looking after my child when a match is on the above is invaluable! If it wasn’t for these missing I would happily pay for now TV!

• Spn744 wrote: »
    The biggest problem for me with Now TV is the lack of feature to pause live sports or watch a full match just after the event is over (recording feature as such) if I’m working or looking after my child when a match is on the above is invaluable! If it wasn’t for these missing I would happily pay for now TV!

Ssports is excellent for having all matches available on catch up immediately after the game ends, only costs €2 ish a month

• Anyone having trouble getting into the My Membership section of the site to cancel? I'm getting a constant spinning wheel saying 'Hold on a sec'. I've tried in a couple of different browsers with the same result.

• Doodah7 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble getting into the My Membership section of the site to cancel? I'm getting a constant spinning wheel saying 'Hold on a sec'. I've tried in a couple of different browsers with the same result.

Haven't tried clicking the cancel button therein, but I can get to the following membership details page without issues:

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/membership

Did you try incognito mode? If that doesnt work, see if you can get to this page and remove your payment details:

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/account/payment-details

• Advertisement

• The 50% off sky sports pass for 3 months: can you just do one month and then cancel ?

• The 50% off sky sports pass for 3 months: can you just do one month and then cancel ?

Yes

• NOW TV 1 Month Entertainment and Sky Cinema Membership Code available on Bord Gais rewards.

• NOWACADAW21PYW
    3 months sky cinema for €15

• any sports offers? I cancelled and they never offered me a discount to stay

• mel123 wrote: »
    any sports offers? I cancelled and they never offered me a discount to stay

Is this still working from a previous poster

NOWSMMMAST23
    2 months sky sports for €30

• Now TV Stick with with 1 month pass for Sky sports & Sports Extra only €30 in DID & Harvey Norman
    Wont' get better value than that

• roverjoyce wrote: »
    Now TV Stick with with 1 month pass for Sky sports & Sports Extra only €30 in DID & Harvey Norman
    Wont' get better value than that

Yeah, that's what I always use, it seems to be permanently that price in Harvey Norman, same price in Tesco now too. I always keep about 3 stockpiled.
    Great thing about this way, is once your month has expired, if there is a week or two where nothing interests you, then you don't need to activate your next stick until you are ready to watch something.

• Even the sticks are up at 50/60 quid at the moment. Hopefully a new offer hits at the start of May

Edit: Just went to cancel my Sports and Extra memberships, chose the I Can't Afford It option for both (though it was an extra click through before it appeared for the extra pack) and got 3 month discounts for both

• Advertisement

• Nigzcurran wrote: »
    NOWACADAW21PYW
    3 months sky cinema for €15

Thanks for sharing this code, going to be great value for the kids over the summer holidays.

Advertisement