Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Cancelled my Sky Sports subscription which is up in a few weeks. Had been on a 3 month tenner a month deal. They offered no deals. However with the World Cup coming up at the massive dearth of sport from November-December on Sky, I would imagine it won't be long before they roll out new offers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Using another Boardsies sub from now till Nov 1st then I'll start off the first of 6 sticks and share login details with the two others in our setup. Wont use a stick in December due to World Cup and Amazon Prime having rights to the Stephens Day PL games anyway. Will then start up the remaining 5 sticks Jan 1st which will get us all the way through to May 28th for the last day of the PL season.

Which brings me to a question if anyone here could help me out. Another Boardsie wants my current Nowtv stick the sub of which has expired last Monday and Im happy to help them out and donate it. But If I plug in the next stick to the tv can it be used without activating the Sky+BT sub that is on it? As said Im using another Boardies login details from now till Nov 1st but I obviously need a stick to access the account on the tv. When you plug in a new stick does it automatically force you to use the sub that is pre loaded on it? Or can you just plug it in, login to someones sub and watch away and use the sub on the stick later when you want to activate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I was on the same deal and just cancelled there and they offered Sky Sports for €13.96 for the next 3 months which I took. Thanks to the OP for the code on Sports Extra I now have the lot for just shy of €24 which is a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

I have the same great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Any sky sports codes floating about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,188 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If it's within 30 days they will usually offer a new discount, if you try outside 30 days they won't. You can reactivate if you did it outside 30 days and then cancel when the 30 days pass and they should still offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

If anyone has those sticks and would like to slit the cost then can you keep me in mind? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

if anyone got a nowtv stick they are not using as they only got them for the codes, id be happy to take it off them, pm if you want to get rid of a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

Slightly off topic but wondering are sky off loading the sticks to introduce the Sky puck service as it is due sometime this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

I read somewhere (probably this thread) that the brand name changed from nowTV to Now.And the they no longer make the sticks. They rely on just the app. So yeah they might be flogging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭knealecat

Bought the stick with sports pass, is the code for the pass preloaded onto the stick as cant find any code in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Yes , preloaded . Once you sign into your account or add a new account it activates or gets stacked

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭DaTown

Does anyone know if I buy an EU tablet (german or Spanish version) will the Now app work?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Yeah its up on 30 September. Sure I might just reactivate and then wait until the 29th to cancel again, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭a2deden

NOWMQJ0922XS

€5 movies for three months if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

It should add long as you signed into irish playstore to retrieve app and tablet is not jailbroken..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭gussieg

Have a bag of sticks ready to go, does anyone know when they will no longer be valid the vouchers on them? Now also very annoying with their pins that I switched off in settings but am still faced with and the number seems to change arbitrarily. Still, they also automatically rolled my 3 a month offer forward till sometime in November. When the boost offer runs out as well, then it will be stick time .

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Butson

€3 a month movies

Oscar-winning performances. Blockbusters. Family films. Stream it all on NOW.

Belfast has landed on NOW, starring Jamie Dornan and Caitriona Balfe. Movies for all the family including Marry Me, starring Jennifer Lopez and Owen Wilson, Sing 2 and Jackass Forever.

Join in with a €3 per month for 3 months Cinema Membership (usually €11.99 per month).

Hurry! Voucher expires 18 September.

After offer, Cinema Membership auto-renews at €11.99 a month unless cancelled. Voucher code: NOWBOOLO1W 

Anyone know the answer to this, have another Boardsie waiting on a stick so they can use it in their tv

Which brings me to a question if anyone here could help me out. Another Boardsie wants my current Nowtv stick the sub of which has expired last Monday and Im happy to help them out and donate it. But If I plug in the next stick to the tv can it be used without activating the Sky+BT sub that is on it? As said Im using another Boardies login details from now till Nov 1st but I obviously need a stick to access the account on the tv. When you plug in a new stick does it automatically force you to use the sub that is pre loaded on it? Or can you just plug it in, login to someones sub and watch away and use the sub on the stick later when you want to activate it?

• Advertisement
    M

Apparently it's 12 months from purchase but I have no idea how they would know when you purchased them. I'd say once you have stacked them on your account that's them valid until used. I will be just over a year on the Sports as have 3 months for €30 offer that is running 2 months ahead of my first Sports stick that has kicked off with Sports Extra. The Boost offers will be interesting, hope I can get it on some kind of a deal for 6 months like last time around when it was €10 for 6 months.

As far as I know the PIN code is needed for mature content if outside the watershed regardless of how you set it up so I believe once it's before 9pm you will be asked for PIN, after that you won't if you have it turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Thanks Worked perfectly. My current offer was due to end on the 27th and it let me add this one no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Butson

You're welcome.

It's a great offer in fairness.

M

So probably best answer that in 2 questions...

For your old stick - There's a factory reset option in Settings, if you run this on it your account and the voucher it came with are cleaned from the stick so it's fresh and requires the next user to create a new account for which there will be no voucher or previous user associated with.

For your new stick - Here's where there will be a problem, you either have to use this with a new account or login with an existing account where the voucher then transfers to that. With your new stick if you login with another Boards login details it will transfer the voucher on that stick to their account. You can't put a hold on the voucher, it must link to an account with the stick.

I think your only solution is hold on to the old stick until Nov 1st where you then move on to your account on the new stick with voucher.

Thanks @Atlantic Dawn for that explanation, I thought there might be a road block and there is. Will just have to hang on to the current stick til Nov 1st.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My entertainment membership expired a few minutes ago. I got no codes, but these offers showed up. Cinema was a fiver a month for four months. I'll give it a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Pretty great deal on the Sports Now TV box in fairness.

For those looking to use on your phone immediately - you do have to set up the stick on a TV before you get the vouchers for the Sports and Sports Extra month

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just tried using NOWSSMMOWB, which was an oldish code. It's offering 6 months of Sports for €9.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay, I was either very clever or very stupid.

I took the movie option for €5 a month, and not the €3 a month deal.

So at the moment, I am paying an extra €6 for the 3 Months😕

Cannot sign up for the €3 (Even stacked), as I am currently on a deal (Which says i need to be within 30 days of the current deal left to activate)

But....

If I cancel the €5 deal in the next few days, do I keep the first month for €5 (Paid), cancelling the second 2?

And then I can sign up to the€3 deal and stack it on top of the first month at €5, thereby getting 4 months for €14?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You're on your €5 deal for however long is left in the offer.

Cancel now and it's €5pm until end of offer.

Advertisement