Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Season Long Codes do not appear as generous as the other offers available:

NOWWBXNCMOXS - 3 Months Sports @ €20 per Month (exp. Aug 8th) - *THIS USE TO BE €10*

NOWWBXNCJLWQ - €30 Sky Sports for 3 months, from earlier in thread, still working according to another poster (missed name!)

NOWSSMMOWB - 6 Months SportsExtra @ €10 per Month (Exp. Aug 8th)

NOWENTMOPL - 4 Months Cinema @ €5 per Month (exp. Aug 8th)

ENTDCINMOPL - 4 Months Cinema @ €5 per Month (exp. Aug 8th)

Wondering what happens after Aug 8th ............

Anyone wanting the season codes: 

Season Long Codes:

NOWSMPSOSQ3S - 10 Month Sports @ €25 per month (couldn't find expiry)

NOWSPXMSOSQ3 - 10 Month SportsExtra @ €17 per month (couldn't find expiry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

NOWSSMMOWB - 6 Months SportsExtra @ €10 per Month (Exp. Aug 8th)

Just went for this aswell.

Does this give all the BT channels? One website said that some games are on "BT TV" but did not name an available NowTV channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I went for this and this is the message is on my account

Sports Extra Month Membership

Your offer ends on 03 Feb 2023. Then it will be €34.00 per month.

You've got live sporting action from BT Sport and Premier Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭derek2222_ie

I have just purchased a stick for €15 with the one month sports on it. If I register the stick and then use the above code will this be added to the one month I get with the stick. Will I then get 4 months? thanks for any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭wassie

Sports Extra includes the following: BT Sport 1, 2, 3, 4 and Premier Sports 1 and 2

i.e. All the BT sports channels are included.

Anyone that is choosing to let their Sky Sports membership lapse during the World Cup and restart at Christmas for the EPL, note that Amazon Prime are broadcasting on Boxing Day (as well as mid-October) as follows:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Amazon not in Ireland for Prem? Will Premier Sports have them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

There’s another thread on this forum about options which use vpns- this might be useful for people looking to cancel the now offers at a certain point but still have the coverage - note that those options are likely to have the Amazon games as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Premier Sports usually pick up the Amazon games in Ireland and show a few of them. Mainly the top teams games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Johemian

Does anyone know if the sports extra comes with la liga TV this year? Can’t see any mention of it on their site

Yes - Live coverage will be on Premier Sports ROI via Sky & NowTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Cut & paste job from the webpage I was reading from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Tesco have the sticks with both sports packs for €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Power City have them too, €15 for 1 months Sports. Enertainment or Cinema €10 for 2 months. Stock numbers are low, in the single digits in most stores.

I've actually found myself watching the Entertainment as much as the Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

wait till there is less than 30 days on the months subscription that comes with the stick and then you can apply that code to get the 3 months offer

it’s just the BT sports and Premier sports. Poster above says premier sports will be showing la liga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads if I buy the 15 euro stick with a months free Sky Sports included can I also buy the 3 month/10e a month pass and stack it on top of the initial free month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

La Liga TV never used to be part of the sports extra package, did it?

I think premier sports are just showing some la liga games rather than including la liga TV.

I can’t see any detail on how to get it here….

• Advertisement

Not sure either - @Johemian may be correct.

This is from the LaLiga website

How can I watch LaLiga in Ireland?

From the 1st of July, the LaLigaTV channel will no longer be available on Sky.

All LaLigaTV content including live games and pre/post match analysis will be available to watch live via Premier Sports 1 and 2 next season.  

For channel information from LaLiga fixtures, please visit https://www.premiersports.com/sports/football/laliga-until-2025

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

That might tempt me to take up that 6 month tenner a month option if true.

Hopefully not a UK only offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭Manc-Red_

For those interested Premier Sports have 1 x 3pm Saturday EPL game live and all of the games that Amazon have in the UK including St Stephen’s Day.

Amazon can’t be legally streamed here

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭Manc-Red_

I’m going to use Now just until the last games prior to the World Cup then hopefully get the 30quid deal for Sky Sports & Extra from Stephen’s Day until the end of the season on Sky Q.

The 4K HDR with Sky Sports is out of this universe

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭iHungry

€19.99 per month for 6 months Sports Membership

Hurry! Offer expires 15 August.

code: NOWSPMQ1SSWB

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭a2deden

Out of interest at what point in the 30 day period were you 'cancelling', did the offers get any better closer to the end of the sub or just the same? Also was the 13-15 a month for SS only or BT on top?

Just buy the nowtv sticks with sports and sports extra for €15 per month

M

Pretty much once I was 29 days out I would try cancel to see what offers came up or I'd use a code posted on this thread. That was 13-15 for Sky Sports only.

• Advertisement

Yes i did 👍, just posting this incase it suited someone

Just checked premier sports TV listings for next weekend and they’re showing 5 la liga games so there must be no la liga TV…… for us anyway.

gone with the sports extra for 6 months.

any boost offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭howiya

Question. I'm on a sports extra offer till 14 September. If I cancel it now, how soon can I use the code for 6 months membership? Tried it there and it wouldn't let me use it, said I was still on an offer. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time to start another offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You have to be within 31 days of your end date. So you can use the code from the 15 August (although I'd wait a day or two longer for certainty).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm holding out for an Entertainment code if any around. Think I was on €3 a month but it's up now any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

NOWSSMMOWB just worked for me, €5 per month for 4 months - thanks to @Healio who posted it on the previous page (although it looks like copy & paste resulted in the two separate codes for "Cinema" and "Entertainment" both being marked as "Cinema")

Cheers,

Eddie

When the 15th August comes you probably wont need a code at all, I just went to cancel Sports Extra there a minute ago and it is offering me the membership at 10 per month for 6 months. Im tempted but will have to see what I can get the Sky Sports package for, upon cancelling they offered it at 23.76 per month for 3 months, I went through and cancelled it at that. For a second I thought the offer was 23.76 for all three months the way it was written but no it was per month.

Right so the current state of play is you can get 3 months Sky Sports for 30 euro and 6 months BT for 60. Im looking for a full season solution and at @TimHorton suggestion am thinking of buying 10 x 15 euro sticks to have both Sky and BT through to the end of the season in May.

Looking to see if there are two other posters here who would share the account, I can upgrade to Boost for 5 euros extra a month and then three devices can watch Sky & BT simultaneously. So it would be 20 a month between three of us or 66.66 euro each for the season, could sort it out via Revlout. PM me if interested, Im keen to get it set up soon and would buy the 10 sticks tomorrow if two others would join up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Not sure you will find 10 sticks.. they are sold out everywhere I have checked. Was in a few Tescos, DIDs, Harvey Normans over the past few days and only managed to get 3 sports sticks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Also don't forget that casting Now TV to a Chromecast device counts as two devices.

Seems you are right there, was in Power City Tallaght- sold out, Tesco- sold out and DID- sold out nationwide.

Aside from Harvey Norman do any other retailers carry them, Woodies maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭nc6000

Aldi

What does that mean in practical terms, like if I have a stick and account can two others just download the Now TV app to their smart TV or firestick and watch it that way with it only counting as one device? Or do they need a physical now stick and then login with my account details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Definitely not the right place to post this, but hopefully somebody can help me out ,i am trying to download the NOW TV app for a neighbour on their new Philips smart tv, doesn't look like the option to download is there , and from what i can establish online, Philips Smart tv is not compatible wit the now tv app for downloading, and they will need to get a firestick to have it on their smart TV ?

Thanks for any pointers or help, both me and the neighbour scratching our heads that this modern TV cant download the now tv app.

M

Firestick or a more cost effective option would be the NowTV Stick if you can get one, currently priced at €15 including 1 months Sports or €10 with 2 months Entertainment or Movies. Both these devices connect via the HDMI slots on the TV, just double check there are some free to connect to, amount varies from 2 to 4, Philips might have 3.

Firestick allows more options down the line for other TV Apps, depends really what they want it for, if only ever will be NowTV then the NowTV Stick will do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

I use phones to cast Now TV sometimes. If you dont actually open the channel on your phone it shouldnt register as one of the devices.

Steps:

1. Open Now TV App

2.Press the Cast button immediately before doing anything else - you will see a Splash screen appear on TV.

3.Select the channel you wish to watch (from phone app).

4.Channel appears on TV but not on phone.

If you swap 2 and 3 you will have 2 devices taken from your list.

This is the right place ;) You are correct - Philips TV arent supported devices.

You neighbour will need a streaming device that is supported to watch Now.

As @Atlantic Dawn suggested, NowTV Stick - best budget option with least hassle.

But Firestick or GoogleTV other streaming device will give added functionality with other apps. I find it useful as you can run a VPN app that allows you to access Netflix catalogues of other countries. Its amazing what you can watch with this hack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

I have a firestick and for the life of me I cannot get the NOW TV app loaded (it does not appear when I search for it as per previous post on this thread). Lucky for me I also have a PS4 attached that TV so can get it there, so perhaps a NOW TV stick may be a better option if you are happy with the other apps on the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thank you all for the replies , I will pass on the news that the Philips tv doesn’t support the now tv app . I ain’t the smartest on technology so said I better double check ,in this day and age you would think it would be a simple download

Unfortunately the most of the major TV manufacturers use their own modified proprietry version of Android (AFAIK & I stand to be corrected) in order to run the TV. This results in each company having to develop & maintain the modified versions of the apps, so its probably comes down to resources (i.e. money).

It would be great if they all ran Android (like our phones), then we could just download the apps. But TVs are not computers but just devices so its technically more restrictive/challenging. It is a highly competative market also which encourages manufacturers to differentiate their products from their competitors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement