Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV - latest deal codes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Well, it may be bye bye to Sky then. Yes, happy to take the sports and sports extra at maybe 25 a month combined. 30 at a push. But can't really watch enough of it to justify anymore. You havs free to air football as well and other sports and channels too.

It is not a bargain anymore if punters only have time to watch 4 or 5 matches a month and you charge any more than 30 quid for sports.

If sky think they will keep a high volume of punters paying 50 or 60 quid a month to watch football, they are in dreamland. It is a minority who have the time or interest to watch more than that as well as free to air, and pay higher prices. Now offers on here was a bit like ryanair filling the plane with cheaper seats for the customer who might travel, or might not. You need to make it cheap enough as a teaser rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Sky stream is absolute utter muck, anyone who has used it will say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

Don't see Now TV going anywhere to be honest. Sky Stream is based on their owner Comcast's XiOne platform, which is relatively new, yet despite this Comcast have also very recently launched the US version of Now TV alongside it.

For anyone who wants a premium* TV service with 4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos, etc. then you need Sky Stream.

Now TV is the strictly no frills option to get access to the Sky exclusive content. No 4K. No HDR. No Dolby Atmos. No EPG. No BBC, Virgin, RTÉ, etc. And you need to go and source your own hardware to run it on.

*I would agree Sky Stream is muck though - the "puck" is the cheapest and nastiest device I've ever used, it's riddled with bugs and glitches, it's unbelievably slow and laggy, it requires almost daily reboots to work somewhat reliably, and the most recent software updates has made it even worse as opposed to better. If anyone here has used Virgin's Horizon TV box - well it's pretty much Sky's take on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

So you are saying Sky sales guy said this to you? The same guy who doesn't sell Now TV but sells Sky Stream and satellite packages ?

Seems legit alright 😁

I can tell you that even senior sky employees would not be privy to that information

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭wassie

Exactly. I mentioned before that this is a clear product differentiation between a budget vs premium product.

It makes commercial sense as Sky are capturing customers who otherwise are not prepared to pay the premium (like me!).

The content for NOW is already paid for by Sky and AFAIK the Sky services all share a common infrastructure for streaming (Akamai CDN) and payment services, so the ability to make profit is fairly high I suspect.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Fair enough so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

As long as Sky think there’s people who’ll pay for their output but don’t want to invest in Sky’s physical products, now TV will exist

And I’m sure they understand that this is still the majority of customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Now seem to email me Sports Extra vouchers not far off every week since I'm on the Sports subscription, here's another one expires March 7th

NPWSPXDJSLIYA - €15 per month for 6 months Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Hey Guys these seem to all work, as of today 6march. I scraped them from the last 10 pages or so, of this thread and gathered them here. I've added a few of my own in also. I figure the thread is unorganized and people might have missed them?

Remember #1 - if you get an "Oops there was an error" or something like that, it does not mean an expired code. It's probably you need to run down your time on other voucher to less than 30 days before stacking. That's my experience anyway...

Remember #2 - Some of the 6 months ones lock you in for a mandatory 6 month subscription. I did not notice any when i tested these. It will normally tell you when you add the voucher anyway. AFAIK none of the lock you in, let us know if you notice any.

Thanks to original members sharing! Keep 'em comin'!

Sky Sports

3 months for 15 NOWSTWDP23Q2

12 months @20 NOWSPM20SOSF1

6 months @20 NOWSPB2030Q4

Boost

NOWBOBMFMSVAR free month

NOWBOOXMASMF free month

NOWBOMFWFSOS free month

NOWBOBFMFWEN free month

NOWBOBMSCTRL free month

Cinema

1 month free NOWCINBF1M23

1 months free NOWCINMSMFVAR

6 months @4.99 NOWCINSLDPOUYC

6 months @5.99 NOWCINBMSCTRL

Entertainment

1 month free NOWENTXMASMF –

6months for €3 NOWENTHSLDPO

NOWENTRNQ412 €5.99 pm for 6 months

NOWENTBMSCTRL 6 months for 5.99

SportsX (TNT/Prem)

6 months @ €10 NOWSPXB10304

6months @ 15 NOWSPXSDKLPC

6months @16.99 NOWSPXMYO expires 31-march-24

6months @10 NOWSPXB10304 expires 9-MAR [not 100% sure on this expiry]

6months @15 NPWSPXDJSLIYA expires 7-MAR

Kudos for the effort for great post.

Remember #1 - if you get an "Oops there was an error" or something like that, it does not mean an expired code. It's probably you need to run down your time on other voucher to less than 30 days before stacking. That's my experience anyway...

Also worth noting if there is a really good offer you want to take advantage of (eg it might have an expiry date), you can also contact customer service agent via chat. They will cancel you current membership (you will lose any remaining time) and then you will be free to add the new code and restart membership on the new offer. Generally they are quite obliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Cheers. Just grabbed a free month of entertainment, cinema and boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

He's bound to say that as it's competing with the seperate product he sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Regarding expiry dates for vouchers, in the T&Cs, Now used to state the date and then 23:59. But now only mention the date. If a voucher expires tomorrow (7th), can it be used until the end of the 7th or does it have to be used today? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Couldnt edit this on pc(sorry) but the sky sports one for 15 is deffo 100%

Thanks Sn@kebite,aprecciate your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

After using a voucher say for 1 months free membership to NOW Cinema.

Can you cancel at any time to avoid being charged the monthly €11:99 thereafter.

As in your not locked into a contract ??

Yes you can cancel Cinema straight away if you like and still watch Cinema up until the night before it expires.

I just put a reminder in my phone calendar the night before any of these renew incase I decide want to cancel the plan before it renews or if I find another voucher which can be applied anytime within the 30 days before a renewal

Folks, I'm considering putting others onto my NOWTV

Some deets:

All the packages are active: (SportsSky. SportsX, Ent, Cinema, Boost)

Boost is all free ones so far. but will be 5 (or €1.66pm if i run out of free)

Skysports @15eur for next 3 months (not sure if i will continue unless I get similar price in 3 months)

SportX at 10 for next 6 months.

Cinema is free so far and I won't ever be paying for it. Unless it becomes very cheap

Entertainment is billing at 3 per month for 6 months.

So realistically a 3rd of everything as it stands is Skysport5+SportX €3.33+Entertainment €1 = €9.33pm for 2 sports packs and entertainment. Boost will be 5 if I ever run out of free ones.

Ideally: devices to a minimum, not using chromecast as that counts as 2 devices, boards account is min 7 or so years old, or adverts acct with positive reviews, Revolut is good. I will of course refund if anything weird happens.

There's no profiles on NOW so just try to keep track of what your watching.

DM if you like.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

Just so you are aware chrome cast doesn’t count as two as long you connect before streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Layne

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

Sky Sports Channels (not TNT or Premier!) @ €15 per month for 6 months. Expires March 27th

NOWSMPDPLDN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

anyone have any entertainment codes?. my free month is about to expire!

I have one here I got the other day but it isn't great compared to some other vouchers over the past number of months

NOWENTHJYUOQP - Entertainment €4.99 per month for 6 months expires March 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

When was NoWTVfree and how long did it last

@Blackjack Have you tried the entertainment €3 pm for 6 months?. I posted it in the large collection of codes i made a few posts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Yeah as it happens I checked my account, I thought my entertainment was about to expire on the free month, turns out I signed up for the 3€ a month deal a short time ago 🤣.

Thanks all for the codes

• Advertisement

I tried the code (NOWENTHSLDPO) and its coming back as cancelled :(.

Got offer €3.60 for 3 months upon cancellation. Didnt accept as Ive got another week left so I'll hold out.

Anyone know how to extract the codes from the cancellation button?

Advertisement