Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars: Squadrons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I have a quest to VR set pre-ordered and I'm wondering what the best hotas flight stick setup is the best version to buy I see a lot of thrustmaster items are currently sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

On the fence on getting this, seeing mixed reviews around. Remembered still have EA Access, 10 hours free trial available for this - that'll do me nicely!

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

sticker wrote: »
    Hi sorry if this has been asked before but I have a quest to VR set pre-ordered and I'm wondering what the best hotas flight stick setup is the best version to buy I see a lot of thrustmaster items are currently sold out

Am afraid you're going to struggle to find any hotas flight sticks at the moment from any manufacturer, from entry level fight sticks to high end premium sticks due to the demand for them caused by the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Already refunded for me after a few hours. Devoid of fun and no post launch additional content. If this wasn't Star Wars based it wouldn't even have been a blip on the radar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Limits of PSVR aside, it looks and plays pretty ****ing fantastic in VR. Just getting into the cockpit and seeing the physical scale of an X-Wing is a real treat, but thankfully the actual flight lives up to it too. Fast, clear and just the right mix of arcade fun and more tactical elements. Enjoying it a fair bit more than Fallen Order so far, anyway.

Really does nail the feeling of being in a ship. There's something I can't describe about that feeling which is utterly fantastic. A wholly immersive feeling. I'm getting destroyed in the multiplayer. Watching the kill cam is hilarious. They enemy ship completely stops and kills me like a gun turret. I'm finding it difficult to make sense of the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So for those who've played it, is this anything at all like X-Wing Alliance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Don't know if it helps, it is in German, but you may get the points
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjb4sw-YA_8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

In terms of controls it’s almost identical with a couple of new features added, such as drifting. It’ll be instantly familiar to anyone whose played the old games. Add to this the modern multiplayer influences as well eg ship customisation within the ship classes. It doesn’t feel as epic in scope, nor as dynamic as the old games. The “battlefield” doesn’t feel as expansive.

Playing in VR is fairly epic though. Speaking of which, my PS4 HOTAS arrived this morning, which really should add to the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Kiith wrote: »
    It looks far more Ace Combat then the original x-Wing/Tie Fighter games.

And i don't mean that in a bad way.

Reminds me alot of Starlancer which is why I bought it. Hasn't been a simple fun space shooter like that in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

So is it better now to play with an xbox controller or a HOTAS setup?

The deadzone issue has been fixed i think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Wizard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I got this game through Epic and between them and origin which also needs to load to play I find it not worth turning the game on it takes so long to boot up

Advertisement