Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good GPS Watch to monitor distance

Options
  • 09-06-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I've no knowledge of these, I want to buy a watch that will monitor how far I've ran without the need to carry phone with me.
    Whats out there, also whats best value out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Have a Polar M430 and think it is great.
    I have tried a few Garmin's and sent them all back to Amazon.....think I had forerunner 35 and 235, found their accuracy really poor and ran with 2 friends who proved they were inaccurate.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Apple Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Have a Polar M430 and think it is great.
    I have tried a few Garmin's and sent them all back to Amazon.....think I had forerunner 35 and 235, found their accuracy really poor and ran with 2 friends who proved they were inaccurate.....

That's interesting.
    I've used Timex, Polar and Garmin x 3 over the years. Currently have 920xt and Vivoactive 3. I can't say I ever had a issue with Garmin measureing distance. Heart rate can bit a bit hit glitchy especially withoutb chest strap. But I have to say I've never had an issue. Even running in the woods.
    Of course it all depends on the area as high buildings or tree cover can effect it.
    Also if your using it to measure shuttle runs or short diagonal runs No GPS device will be accurately as the work of triangular points.

OP for the best GPS reviews check out DC Rainmaker
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Yeah it was a strange one, I had given it every chance and over reasonable distances.
    Strange thing was I presumed (and I suspect rightly) that the GPS device is the same on all of the mid range garmin devices.

Advertisement