Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Any Toyota Land Cruiser FJ/BJ40 available?

• 08-06-2020 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

Just checking if anyone is thinking about or knows anyone looking to sell a BJ40 or FJ40. not looking for a major project but don't mind doing some work. also not looking to remortgage the house to get one :D

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ TrailerBob

Unfortunately in that line, there is only 2 options, cheap and needs a master's degree in engineering, or road ready and expensive. Thankfully not 40 grand any more, but still 15 for a half decent one

I've been after a 60 series one for a while, but they're getting expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

yeah your not wrong. very hard to find one in reasonable shape and few for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ Exodus 1811

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Unfortunately in that line, there is only 2 options, cheap and needs a master's degree in engineering, or road ready and expensive. Thankfully not 40 grand any more, but still 15 for a half decent one

I've been after a 60 series one for a while, but they're getting expensive too.

Hey Bob, is there something overly complicated engine-wise or the way the body is put together with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ TrailerBob

Not at all, in fact Landcruiser's in general right up to the 90 series (- 2002) are quite simple to work on to be fair.. My comment was more that if you found a 40 series or a 60 series for only a couple of grand then you need serious welding/fabrication skills to bring it back, and a well kitted out workshop to boot. I looked at a 60 series that was up a while back for 4 grand, and there wasn't a panel on it that didn't need at least cosmetic work, if not structural work to save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ Exodus 1811

Ah right, I get you now. I was thinking as they look to have that sort of era design where the body just bolts to the chassis like a land rover etc.

Imossible to get panels for id say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭ doctorchopper

Ah right, I get you now. I was thinking as they look to have that sort of era design where the body just bolts to the chassis like a land rover etc.

Imossible to get panels for id say?

Panels can be got easy enough, there is a guy in cork that sells them, you can even get complete shells. Here's a nice one up north for resonable ish money
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1978-toyota-landcruiser-fj40/24791358

I like this orange one but it needs work https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-landcruiser/23809444

Advertisement