Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Toyota Land Cruiser FJ/BJ40 available?

• 08-06-2020 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just checking if anyone is thinking about or knows anyone looking to sell a BJ40 or FJ40. not looking for a major project but don't mind doing some work. also not looking to remortgage the house to get one :D

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Unfortunately in that line, there is only 2 options, cheap and needs a master's degree in engineering, or road ready and expensive. Thankfully not 40 grand any more, but still 15 for a half decent one

I've been after a 60 series one for a while, but they're getting expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

yeah your not wrong. very hard to find one in reasonable shape and few for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Exodus 1811

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Unfortunately in that line, there is only 2 options, cheap and needs a master's degree in engineering, or road ready and expensive. Thankfully not 40 grand any more, but still 15 for a half decent one

I've been after a 60 series one for a while, but they're getting expensive too.

Hey Bob, is there something overly complicated engine-wise or the way the body is put together with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Not at all, in fact Landcruiser's in general right up to the 90 series (- 2002) are quite simple to work on to be fair.. My comment was more that if you found a 40 series or a 60 series for only a couple of grand then you need serious welding/fabrication skills to bring it back, and a well kitted out workshop to boot. I looked at a 60 series that was up a while back for 4 grand, and there wasn't a panel on it that didn't need at least cosmetic work, if not structural work to save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Exodus 1811

Ah right, I get you now. I was thinking as they look to have that sort of era design where the body just bolts to the chassis like a land rover etc.

Imossible to get panels for id say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Ah right, I get you now. I was thinking as they look to have that sort of era design where the body just bolts to the chassis like a land rover etc.

Imossible to get panels for id say?

Panels can be got easy enough, there is a guy in cork that sells them, you can even get complete shells. Here's a nice one up north for resonable ish money
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1978-toyota-landcruiser-fj40/24791358

I like this orange one but it needs work https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-landcruiser/23809444

Advertisement