Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothie recipes

Options
  • 08-06-2020 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Big fan of smoothies and recently bought a good quality smoothie maker/blender.

Does anyone have any decent recipes, ideally including ice of course for some nice fruit smoothie combinations?

Would people recommend buying the frozen fruit pieces from Dunnes, Aldi, Lidl etc... and if so do you blend whilst frozen or do you thaw first? And what juices do you like to add

Thanks a million in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Big fan of smoothies and recently bought a good quality smoothie maker/blender.

Does anyone have any decent recipes, ideally including ice of course for some nice fruit smoothie combinations?

Would people recommend buying the frozen fruit pieces from Dunnes, Aldi, Lidl etc... and if so do you blend whilst frozen or do you thaw first? And what juices do you like to add

Thanks a million in advance.

I don't use any specific recipes and usually just use up any fruit I have left, but my favourite thing to drink is watermelon juice. I just throw lots of watermelon in my Nutribuller, no water needed. It's amazing.

Other than that cucumber and pear is a surprisingly nice combo.

I wouldn't thaw frozen fruit. Frozen banana makes for a very creamy smoothie with other fruit without the need for yogurt or (plant) milk btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

This is my recipe for a green strawberry flavoured smoothie...I worked it out at about 350 - 400 cals - ish.

2 strawberries
    half a small banana
    one floret of broccoli
    two squares of frozen spinach
    half an avocado

all of the above are frozen,

I then add some coconut milk, two tablespoons of porridge oats and a scoop of strawberry protein powder.

Blast that in the nutribullet for a minute and you have a green smoothie that tastes better than a strawberry shake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

- Frozen mixed berries / raspberries / strawberries (defrosted)
    - Kiwi
    - Banana(s)
    - Vanilla ice cream
    - Milk

Blend it.

I defrost the frozen fruit in the morning (WFH the last few months), leave it out for 2 hours to defrost or defrost overnight in the fridge. No idea on calories but it tastes good. The ice cream makes it cold. :)

Advertisement