Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best calorie counting app

Options
  • 08-06-2020 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭

right so herself want to start counting calories and i have heard my fitness pal is meant to be good, what i am wondering, is there an app that will allow you to add ingredients and then divide the calories by portion once it is cooked or is that too much to ask ?
    i would quite often make a turkish bulgar for example with peppers onions and tomatoes, i find it very filling but she wants to limit the daily calories to 1700 so i want to be sure what i am dishing up

The internet isn’t for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

My Fitness Pal for me, great database, tracker and nutritional break down, and yes, you can store recipes/meals and split portions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I track in to my fitness pal and then take the macros out to an excel sheet that calculates the total calories from there. My Fitness Pal is terrible at totaling.

For example, it has overestimated todays calories by 63. More often I find it underestimates like yesterday it underestimated by 60.

I use the excel sheet to take a weekly average so I can have the flexibility.

Advertisement