Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children Damaging Plants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Motion activated sprinkler would be my vote.

I know how you feel though. I had to give out to a fella the other day; one of the neighbours is getting work done in their garden and, lucky me, I just happen to live next to the ditch where garden waste seems to be communally dumped. He was pushing his wheelbarrow through my front garden and although my grass is long because I don’t have a lawnmower I’ve just planted lots of new young shrubs that I do not want to see destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

A sprinkler system

A sprinkler system could backfire. Many small kids in the 2-5 category love waterplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

So an update. I happened to walk into the Mother outside her house. I saw the 2 girls going in, so I knew it was the right house. I explained what happened.

I did mention that only for I was there the tree would have been destroyed. I did mention that it was mature, expensive and I am very attached to it, so want to keep it. She looked a bit shocked, I suppose she was taken off guard. I asked her if she wanted to see photos of the damage. She said ah there is no need.

I did not get into the "kids will be kids" at all, its not just me. I was not rude at all, but was very assertive and said I don't want the kids on my property and put the responsibility back on her.

She said of course she would speak to the girls not to be on people's property and to definitely knock in if it happens again.

Hope that is the end of it now.

Advertisement