Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen gate

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

visatorro wrote: »
    The people that buy these gates don't give a ****e about names or eircodes unfortunately.

If it doesn't put anyone off then its also a way of increasing the very small chance of getting your stuff back.

I "lost" a chainsaw in the UK that had my postcode engraved all over it and it was recovered by the police 18 months later.

The thing is if the Police or Garda can find one item with a Eircode/Postcode on it then when they are searching a place or a vehicle then it gives them good grounds for their search. It makes thieving just that little more difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭tphase

irishgeo wrote: »
    You need a sign sayin CCTV in operation otherwise you can't use the footage in a prosecution.
    the Gardai can still use it for their investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Attie Ross

They could leave nothing alone.
    Few years back pass into bog gate old wrought iron had been there 40+years noticed yesterday gone know who took it but can't prove anything not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

tphase wrote: »
    the Gardai can still use it for their investigation

Exactly, its up to the judge to decide if its admissible or not if memory serves me right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭tphase

Exactly, its up to the judge to decide if its admissible or not if memory serves me right
    that may well be true but if the Gardai can identify the culprit from the CCTV, they know where to look for the stolen gate and perhaps find other evidence so they don't need to rely on CCTV in court

• Advertisement
Advertisement