Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

PV Electrical Panels - Meter Reading stalled?

• 05-06-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ StrawDub

Hi all,

I have 5 photovoltaic electric panels (model number PS250M-20U) it was all done through Joule, they came as part of a new build I bought a 4 years ago.

Given the recent good weather and I checked the meter reading on the 14th April 4341.54 kwh and again yesterday 4th June with the reading 4341.56 kwh - screenshot included.

This seems like a very small increase given the good weather? I haven't had it serviced since I moved in any recommendations on what to look out for or even check before hand? My initial thought was to contact Joule to arrange a service.

Any guidance appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,892 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

They have not been producing electricity. And it looks like the problem is recent enough. Your 5 * 250w panels, on a decent location and south facing, can expect to generate about 1250kWh per year. So in 4 years that would be 5000kWh. You are just a bit short of that. Could be that the panels are not strictly south facing, you are not on a perfect location in Ireland, or the problem exists a little while longer than since last April. Or a combo of the above.

Get the installers in to check (or have a look yourself first)

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

Dodgy micro-inverters?

Advertisement