Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drivers entering bus lane a few metres before it ends to turn left

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If it's 100m or less I don't see an issue as it allows cars going straight ahead to bunch up closer and more will get through the lights.

So in a way, it aids the other motorists.

BTW, I'm rural and don't have bus lanes on my commute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

I dont understand how it is that you have to wait for them if they are in the lane on the left side of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Wesser wrote: »
    I dont understand how it is that you have to wait for them if they are in the lane on the left side of you?

OP wants to enter that lane (now that it has become a legitimate car driving lane) to turn left or whatever.
    The main reason it's done I think as has already been said is 'do or be done to' like what's currently being 'done to' you. If I stay in the driving lane like yourself I just know there's gonna be a shower of cnuts coming down my left passing me out and then filling up the lane to the point that I then struggle to get into it, and as said, it actually helps increase the flow of cars getting through the lights. I would call it 'making progress' :cool: No nearside mirror is no excuse when it could be a bus or a cyclist undertaking you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I don't do this, I just drive in the bus lane the whole time instead :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Some people are too easily annoyed.

Life's too short to be caring what other road users do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Some people are too easily annoyed.

Life's too short to be caring what other road users do.

that is definitely not true.

one of the worst things ever is people lane hogging. Need to be rammed of the road. All of them. GTA style.

5-post-bull-bar-2-595x395.jpg

Advertisement