Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Address Pal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm being asked to pay customs on two books coming from the UK thru AddressPal, as described by Pirelli above. Incl delivery the books cost £29.20 but the VAT is €9.95 and the An Post fee is €3.50. This is in addition, I believe, to the AddressPal fee which is showing as €6.50 on the site. I believed books were exempt from VAT; they're graphic novels, which might come under the comics/magazines bracket and cost 9% VAT, but I don't know where the €9.95 comes from. I can't find anywhere to appeal or get more info. Anyone able to shed some light?

Try these guys, they may be able to assist:
    customsreliefs@revenue.ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi folks. I'm being asked to pay customs on two books coming from the UK thru AddressPal, as described by Pirelli above. Incl delivery the books cost £29.20 but the VAT is €9.95 and the An Post fee is €3.50. This is in addition, I believe, to the AddressPal fee which is showing as €6.50 on the site. I believed books were exempt from VAT; they're graphic novels, which might come under the comics/magazines bracket and cost 9% VAT, but I don't know where the €9.95 comes from. I can't find anywhere to appeal or get more info. Anyone able to shed some light?

Go back 4 or 5 pages on this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057516584 others have had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Thanks guys. Yesterday I emailed eCommChargeQuery~at~anpost.ie after Addresspal referred me. Later that afternoon I got the usual text about delivery of the item, and status says it has been sorted, so I think they may have cancelled the fees. Maybe not though. I will update if/when I get it.

UPDATE: No parcel today. I got a mail yesterday saying my enquiry would be processed and i'll get a reply in due course. Tracking for parcel went from these on Wed:

We have your post
    Your Delivery has been sorted
    We have your delivery

.. and today:

Your delivery has been sorted.

So kind of in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Thanks guys. Yesterday I emailed eCommChargeQuery~at~anpost.ie after Addresspal referred me. Later that afternoon I got the usual text about delivery of the item, and status says it has been sorted, so I think they may have cancelled the fees. Maybe not though. I will update if/when I get it.

UPDATE: No parcel today. I got a mail yesterday saying my enquiry would be processed and i'll get a reply in due course. Tracking for parcel went from these on Wed:

We have your post
    Your Delivery has been sorted
    We have your delivery

.. and today:

Your delivery has been sorted.

So kind of in limbo.

This arrived on the 26th. No update via email about the fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

This arrived on the 26th. No update via email about the fees.

If the postman did not collect a fee from you, then you are 99% in the clear. With me, AnPost always collect the fee when it is delivered to my door (unless AddressPal deduct it on my card, BEFORE releasing it).

• Advertisement
Advertisement