Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi 9 Pro £229 - Amazon.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,265 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any sign of a 128GB version? Not a fan of SD cards to be honest!

Yes they have them on Amazon but will only ship to UK address, the Interstellar Grey colour has the 128GB option, here's the direct link...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088FQRW9Y

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

I received the 6gb/128gb yesterday from eglobal central, 215 euros delivered. Took 18 days from ordering to delivery.

I'm replacing a redmi note 7,and tbh not seeing much difference except nfc..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,265 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kingstevii wrote: »
    I received the 6gb/128gb yesterday from eglobal central, 215 euros delivered. Took 18 days from ordering to delivery.

What do you think of it? Does the fast charger with it have an EU plug, is it possible to use it in IRL/UK socket via an adaptor? I take it the fast charger is essential or would be time consuming charging with standard charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Some reports of WiFi connectivity issues with this phone. If anyone that's been living with the phone for a while can comment on this, it may prove helpful for potential buyers.

Apparently this device, and other Xiaomi phones, have particular trouble staying connected to certain modems common in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Did it come with a 3pin plug ?

• Advertisement

Did it come with a 3pin plug ?

No, 2 pin, came with an adaptor..
    No WiFi issues, and I've used it in a number of places
    I charged it last night using a decent Samsung charger I have so haven't used the charger that came with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I've a redmi note 5 for the last two years and I wouldn't mind an upgrade now but what's putting me off is the performance of the phone. I've noticed that there's a couple of seconds delay mostly when using the keyboard that's really annoying. It happens in apps too but the keyboard is the worst and could be nonresponse for 5 seconds at a time while using it. It's been like that basically since I got it and my girlfriend has the mi A3 and says the same. Hers still suffers with WiFi problems. I'm thinking that while you get a phone packed with everything for cheap your going to be upgrading it more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

is the camera good on these, thinking of replacing my S8 but wont settle on downgraded camera of which the S8s is excellent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Would this be an upgrade on an S7?
    Have one 3 years and the thing is bomb proof, I just fancy a larger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Jet Black wrote: »
    I've a redmi note 5 for the last two years and I wouldn't mind an upgrade now but what's putting me off is the performance of the phone. I've noticed that there's a couple of seconds delay mostly when using the keyboard that's really annoying. It happens in apps too but the keyboard is the worst and could be nonresponse for 5 seconds at a time while using it. It's been like that basically since I got it and my girlfriend has the mi A3 and says the same. Hers still suffers with WiFi problems. I'm thinking that while you get a phone packed with everything for cheap your going to be upgrading it more often.

I've the redmi note 7 a year and I don't have any of those problems. It could be resolved earlier.

• Advertisement

I've the redmi note 7 a year and I don't have any of those problems. It could be resolved earlier.

I found my note 7 to be a massive upgrade on my previous redmi 4..

I'm still finding it hard to see as big an upgrade from note 7 to note 9 pro..

Edit: i has a redmi 5 plus after the redmi 4. And the Note 7 was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I found my note 7 to be a massive upgrade on my previous redmi 4..

I'm still finding it hard to see as big an upgrade from note 7 to note 9 pro..

Is there a noticable difference in camera quality and zoom?
    Iv'e a Note 7 and was half thinking of going for the Note 9 Pro (nothing wrong with the Note 7)

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Iv'e a Note 7 and was half thinking of going for the Note 9 Pro (nothing wrong with the Note 7)

I haven't really gotten into the camera yet, but on first observation, not a whole lot that I can see tbh.. In saying that, I haven't taken many photos yet..

Saint_Mel wrote: »

I haven't really gotten into the camera yet, but on first observation, not a whole lot that I can see tbh.. In saying that, I haven't taken many photos yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

I got one friday from a guy on adverts in dublin, 275 plus 8 delivery for 128gb.
    Pretty happy so far, battery and camera are excellent and a nice bit better than my S8 which I had for 2 years. My only complaint is that the Smartswitch app on the samsung wouldn't work to transfer stuff to the Xiaomi so I had to use a few other apps and lost some photos that I had on a memory card in the S8. Also, I would have loved if the photos copied across in the exact same gallery / favourites / album setup that I had on the S8 but they didn't, they all kinda lumped in together with the date I transferred them on. I can still find what I want using google photos but it would be handier if it completely cloned the old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Treppen

tomasL wrote: »
    Still using Redmi Note 7, still meets all my demands.

I'm redmi note 5 and no complaints. I don't really see any reason to upgrade, maybe the battery life but I have a power bar so not pushed.

ep71 wrote: »
    I got one friday from a guy on adverts in dublin, 275 plus 8 delivery for 128gb.
    Pretty happy so far, battery and camera are excellent and a nice bit better than my S8 which I had for 2 years. My only complaint is that the Smartswitch app on the samsung wouldn't work to transfer stuff to the Xiaomi so I had to use a few other apps and lost some photos that I had on a memory card in the S8. Also, I would have loved if the photos copied across in the exact same gallery / favourites / album setup that I had on the S8 but they didn't, they all kinda lumped in together with the date I transferred them on. I can still find what I want using google photos but it would be handier if it completely cloned the old phone.

How is performance compared to the S8?
    Seems to be a load of the redmi note 9s on there , very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Long time Xiaomi fan, we all have them in the family. My only gripe is the lag when taking a photo, split second delay between pressing and taking the photo. When you take action shots if you press when a fast moving object (like a bike going by) is in the frame, the lag means it is gone by the time the image is captured. Infuriating.

Duplicate

Nice little video on the 9 pro..

https://youtu.be/ifBZDc1eMEQ

They're 265 sterling according to video, I got mine for 215 euro..

• Advertisement

Nice little video on the 9 pro..

https://youtu.be/ifBZDc1eMEQ

They're 265 sterling according to video, I got mine for 215 euro..

I know this is hardly the time or the place to talk about bargains but, would you mind sharing with us where the Note 9 Pro can be had for €215? You just kinda droped that info as though nobody would be curious. :D Did you buy direct from China, with no waranty, find a really good local price, or some third option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fnz wrote: »

I know this is hardly the time or the place to talk about bargains but, would you mind sharing with us where the Note 9 Pro can be had for €215? You just kinda droped that info as though nobody would be curious. :D Did you buy direct from China, with no waranty, find a really good local price, or some third option?

Eglobal central, he said a couple of pages back,128GB,€215 delivered.

Waited 3 months for a tablet to be delivered back in October last from eglobal.
    Possibly just unlucky but they were useless to deal with and couldnt find where it was and refused to cancel or ship me another.

Dcully wrote: »
    Waited 3 months for a tablet to be delivered back in October last from eglobal.
    Possibly just unlucky but they were useless to deal with and couldnt find where it was and refused to cancel or ship me another.

I got the 9 pro from them after about 3 weeks.. I know eglobal is a risky option, I've been lucky enough with them I suppose.. Their customer service is zero, everything is great until there's a problem.. I'm waiting over 3 months for a good few buys from Aliexpress.. The backlog in China must be enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My order from eGlobal dispatched today. Got a tracking number. "Central Post 28" is the carrier.

Checkout said delivery in 4-8 days. Should I worry?

Bought this phone from a seller on adverts, brand new for €210.
    Fantastic phone,great performance, screen, camera and battery.
    After 2 days heavy use i had 27% battery left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

How does that go with the 2 year warranty?

deckie27 wrote: »
    How does that go with the 2 year warranty?

Warranty included in box .this guy sells new phones unopened box.

Did you get the Pro or standard Note 9? Advert is ambiguous - title doesn't match body text and photo.

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    Did you get the Pro or standard Note 9? Advert is ambiguous - title doesn't match body text and photo.

9s 4gb/64gb

Advertisement