Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sent sensitive email to personal address

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

I don’t agree with the surety that others have offered. Where I work, they flag external addresses with attachments. Now they especially do so if someone has resigned / on voluntary severance, but it is a thing.

I do think you still have plausible deniability OP - but that you need to be prepared in case you’re challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Why were you looking at the CEOs salary?

qwerty13 wrote: »
    I don’t agree with the surety that others have offered. Where I work, they flag external addresses with attachments

Flagging, hundreds, thousands or even tens of thousands of emails if not much use really

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

kaymin wrote: »
    Say nothing. I doubt IT will pick up on this - and I say this as someone responsible for data protection in my job

Say SFA.

You are in this situation because of your own actions, sorry if this sounds harsh but that’s the reality.

You agreed to do overtime. Overtime isn’t compulsory. If you were having a genuine difficulty completing your workload as assigned to you in your 40 hour week, you need to flag this to your manager in advance, via email say on Thursday afternoon so you have backup and you are giving them an opportunity to find a solution. Ball is 100% in their court.

As weeks pass the fact you are keeping this tactic up will show them that you won’t be bullied or pressurized. Document everything. If you are called in for a conversation, put the pressure on them by saying at the end... “ok can you put that in writing just so it’s documented and we are 100% on the same page, thanks”. If it isn’t a fair reflection of the conversation, reply back with your own version and seek confirmation.

I’ve been in meetings and briefings with management types and on reading minutes found the conversation skewed in a very biased direction, omitting certain key elements of the conversation and facts. Be aware this is a tactic that IS used.

YOU NEVER BRING OR SEND WORK HOME

Advertisement