Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YAS-107 Soundbar - €119 (ex. Shipping) Amazon.it

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

jayjbe wrote: »
    Thanks for the hint. Got the 109 off warehouse delivered here. Very impressive. It was brand new :D

I've re-ordered the last used one. It has a small mark on the back. I've floated the idea of a partial refund on the anker to keep it. It is perfect bar missing the cables. The sound is pretty decent but no Alexa.

It will be a hassle to post the giant box back, but they will pay to return it. It would make more sense to just give me that money to keep it :)

I could put it in the sitting room.

Amazon gave me €40 to keep the Soundcore one. So it works out at about €130. Brand new it is €250 so a decent enough deal for me to keep it. I've ordered another YAS 109 as I want Alexa for the sitting room. I'll keep the soundcore in my games room.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Does the 107 or 109 work with Google home?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

I got the Yas-109 but from the Amazon.it. Unfortunately it came with a European 2 pin plug. Not sure if I should get a new cable or just use an adaptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

smndly wrote: »
    I got the Yas-109 but from the Amazon.it. Unfortunately it came with a European 2 pin plug. Not sure if I should get a new cable or just use an adaptor.

Adaptor; 2 quid
    New cable; probably 6 quid

You can also use a pencil to depress the pin in the 'earth' socket and just shove the two-pin plug directly into the socket.

• Advertisement

Got the Soundcore one set up. I spent hours messing with HDMI cables as it just wouldn't pass through any picture and sound from the PS4. Even though it says on the box it has 4K passthrough.

I wrongly assumed that you plugged the HDMI from the PS4 into the HDMI IN port on the sound bar and then connected the HDMI OUT port to the TV :D

What I had to do was plug the HDMI into the TV and use HDMI channel 2 for picture. And then connect a different HDMI cable from the HDMI 3 port on the TV to the HDMI Out port on the Soundbar as they use ARC.

So now I have picture on the TV on HDMI 2 and the HDMI 3 port is sending the sound to the soundbar. I don't really understand it but it works great now :)

Advertisement