Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights booked for early July

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

joeysoap wrote: »
    Ryanair have reinstated the free change fee if you rebook up to December.

Only if you'be booked in the past few days. Pre-existing bookings are being given no option for refund/voucher if you cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭paddy19

0lordy wrote: »
    We're in a similar situation to some of ye. Had Flights and Hotel booked through Travel Republic, 11-19 July. Have cancelled the hotel, but the Ryanair flights are already paid for. The question I have is this: if the particular flight is cancelled, but there is another flight going out that day, can I get a refund? For example, our flight out is at 16:40, but it appears that the only flight that day is 09:30. Similar on the way back, though the time difference isn't that big.

Some good news for a change from Ryanair's Terms:

"9.2.2 If your flight is cancelled or delayed by two hours or more,
    we will give you information on your rights, including your rights to compensation and assistance."

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/terms-and-conditions/termsandconditionsar_644342785

If a scheduled flight time is changed by more than 3 hours,
    on either leg you can treat it as a cancellation for both legs.
    (2 hours is for snacks)

Now getting your money back from Ryanair is a whole different
    kettle of smelly fish!

Have a look at your options on the sticky:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

Chargeback and PayPal are working best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭paddy19

faceman wrote: »
    At one point they had €1bn to repay which given how banking in Europe works will take time to work through.

Banking in Europe is stopping Michael O'Leary refunding his customers and making him grab an interest free loan!

Other large operators in Europe like the car rental companies seem to be able to automatically refund in 24 hours.

Even MOL is not claiming it's a banking problem and Michael is not a man to inhibit himself when sharing the blame.

Where's the evidence that it's is a banking problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

paddy19 wrote: »
    Some good news ...

Great, thanks a million for that - will wait and see, pretty hopeful then that we'll get our money back at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

faceman wrote: »
    The issue isn’t Ryanair. It’s the government’s inflexibility with travel. At it stands Spain said they’re opening their borders as of July 1st
    I think it would have been better all round if Ireland had closed its borders (of course, except the land border with UK due to CTA).
    Allowing only repatriation and essential travel (by which, I mean: medical, assistance to family, essential business).
    Keeping only a handful of flights to UK, Germany, Paris. That's it.

That way, all leasure routes would have been cancelled (and all customers refunded and/or offered vouchers) until Ireland announced reopening of the borders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

I'm thinking of booking a holiday to albufeira middle to late augest
    Am I mad?
    2 week quartine be over by then?

Advertisement