Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and other lockdown madness

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

I usually have a couple of cream cracker with peanut butter on them after my main lunch. Today I was looking at them and then a thought entered my head - "Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". I'm in my thirties, grew up watching American tv crap shows and the kids are always eating them. I've been aware of them for three decades yet not once have I even thought about having one. Why not?

I think I'm gonna give one a go.

What weird food has your lockdown madness led you to?

Sesame street where i heard of that concoction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Lucky Lou

Having read this I am having peanut butter, jam and banana sandwiches tomorrow. They sound epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

KaneToad wrote: »
    What's the difference between jam and jelly?
    ðŸ˜

One is made with gelatin, the other isn’t, for starters. That alone makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

peanut butter gives me constipation :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

KaneToad wrote: »
    What's the difference between jam and jelly?
    ðŸ˜

Jam is made with fruit that's been crushed and will still have pieces of fruit in it. Jelly is made with fruit juice only and won't contain any fruit pieces.

One is made with gelatin, the other isn’t, for starters. That alone makes a big difference.

The jelly that contains gelatin is not the same as you'll find in jars. That's the stuff you add hot water to in a bowl and leave it to set before serving as a dessert with ice cream or whatever. Jelly (and jam) in a jar for spreading on bread, etc., uses pectin as a setting agent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement