Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly Evil Megalomaniac is About to...

Options
  • 27-05-2020 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭

...launch a rocket into space with people in it. He also claimes to be saving the environment by selling 'clean green' cars to nerds with more money than sense.
    But I smell a rat, I've seen far too many James Bond films to know no good will come from private enterprise in space.

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I love the flame thrower he made ,but law said I can't have one here because it's a restricted Firearm but guard it's only a firelighter

180907-musk-630x455.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭Rawr

Gatling wrote: »
    I love the flame thrower he made ,but law said I can't have one here because it's a restricted Firearm but guard it's only a firelighter

TAJ1uUL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Musk is a conman, dickhead, and spoofer.

The only reason SpaceX is launching the rocket is because the US Government decided to put their space programme out to tender, and Musk came in with a low ball bid and his special brand of 'awkward genius' persona. They then proceeded to hire NASA contractors at cheaper rates, use state grants to set themselves up, got access to NASA technology through some sort of 'open access' programme, and used all that to inflate the share prices. Then they came in looking for more money anyways.

Now you have something that should belong to the State being delivered by a conman, dickhead, and spoofer. Using the best of what NASA had to offer.

It's the worst sort of vampire capitalism masquerading as progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Rawr wrote: »
    TAJ1uUL.gif

Barbeeeeque

• Advertisement

The president of the utd states used live in his own mega tower,like a cartoon villaim

Never taught the world,would be this much of a laugh,when i was growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

The president of the utd states used live in a his own mega tower,like a cartoon villaim

Never taught the world,would be this much of a laugh,when i was growing up

Exactly my thoughts, we live in an issue of The Amazing Spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭sameoldname

The way people go on about him you'd swear he invented the automobile and rocketry. He invented nothing, he's a salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Shyte. Thought this was about Bill gates and his plandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

He's no Wernher von Braun, that's for sure.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

Bond villains didn't usually cancel their evil plan due to inclement weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I truly believe that if they went with his contraption, those trapped boys in Thailand would have died. Thankfully, they went with the more useful expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

T-1hr and they're closing the hatch, I hope they used the loo before leaving the house.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does he have a white pussy ?

dzl0K8SMzLCuslzcgdEeEbh7LL_3GR9XOYA13pDgUH2jNmdiRvILt1oYxf42bnflJakXn9MORjQEmPHZQTDBRilCOiraP6WgITz0gPTXPLIj1x8T_pNdjKwdCJOUo7JtQNA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Throw me a frickin' bone here, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Lad has the best PR of any man ever. The 'evil genius' stuff :rolleyes: He's an awkward bore whose ideas come from a few Isaac Asimov books. He's a Steve Jobs, completely overrated and catapulted into the public imagination and heralded beyond their actual contributions. Nobody cares about the CEO of Skoda pursuing electric cars but Musk has every tom, dick and harry on his dick.

He's a smart guy whose contributions are completely overblown. Talking about AI on Joe Rogan doesn't make you a super genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I hope the windows on the rocket are better than the ones in his cars...………….

#EpicFail x1000

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

...launch a rocket into space with people in it. He also claimes to be saving the environment by selling 'clean green' cars to nerds with more money than sense.
    But I smell a rat, I've seen far too many James Bond films to know no good will come from private enterprise in space.

Saving the environment with green cars, and filling space full of satellites that will eventually fall back to earth as trash. yeh, some environmental crusader alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,252 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

screamer wrote: »
    Saving the environment with green cars, and filling space full of satellites that will eventually fall back to earth as trash. yeh, some environmental crusader alright.

not true.

But they do just float around in space.

But is something "trash" if you cant see it ? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

greenspurs wrote: »
    not true.

But they do just float around in space.

But is something "trash" if you cant see it ? :rolleyes:

They will either fall back to earth or be launched further out to space to die, so filling earth or space with ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

screamer wrote: »
    They will either fall back to earth or be launched further out to space to die, so filling earth or space with ****e.

if they fall back to earth they will burn up in the atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

if they fall back to earth they will burn up in the atmosphere

Thus contributing to global warming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gatling wrote: »

It's not a flamethrower, though, it's a propane torch stuck into an airsoft gun shell. But I don't think you could have the cylinder shipped in the post. I think you're too late to buy one now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The only reason SpaceX is launching the rocket is because the US Government decided to put their space programme out to tender, and Musk came in with a low ball bid and his special brand of 'awkward genius' persona. They then proceeded to hire NASA contractors at cheaper rates, use state grants to set themselves up, got access to NASA technology through some sort of 'open access' programme, and used all that to inflate the share prices. Then they came in looking for more money anyways.

Now you have something that should belong to the State being delivered by a conman, dickhead, and spoofer. Using the best of what NASA had to offer.

It's the worst sort of vampire capitalism masquerading as progress.

LOL but yes is it true. Just like every other large US corporation.

The only saving grace is that at least SpaceX generally delivers on time and on budget. Except for the delays.

As a rule NASA fires lots of people when a program ends. After Apollo it fell from 26,000 to 9,000 and after the Space Shuttle about 7,400 contractors were shown the door.

NASA used to make everything public as required by law for govt agencies in the US. They stopped doing that when the realised how many Russians were looking up the research.

Jeff Bezos is getting billions and still hasn't got to orbit.
    Even Richard Branson has made an attempt.

Boeing are the professional moneygrabbers.
    They have bought up essential parts of the aerospace and defence industry to become too big to fail.

Their last capsule launch failed. Yes it didn't explode but it missed almost all the milestones, as if the 737 team were doing the software as a nixer.

Atlas costs multiples of what Falcon does. And it uses Russian bits.

Their big white elephant SLS. They've gotten $20Bn so far for rebadging
    Shuttle leftovers and other flight proven hardware including stuff made in Europe like the service module. Should be zero risk. I'll be watching that test flight with popcorn, assuming they don't get to cancel it like Ares and Constellation and keep the money without having to deliver anything.

/RANT

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

There's a good change the whole rocket will explode.
    BTW it might crash in Shannon, they are flying over Ireland.

Electric cars are nothing new. They make sense in some specific scenarios like where it's cold or you can't have fumes. The only thing recent are laptop batteries being used to build a car which have higher energy density.

Hyperloop is a total scam and makes no sense.

Space X is recycling NASA tech from the 90s, they are just more agile because it's not a government agency. If you compare the space shuttle to the Dragon capsule then I would say it's a step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

Space X is recycling NASA tech from the 90s, they are just more agile because it's not a government agency. If you compare the space shuttle to the Dragon capsule then I would say it's a step backwards.

As far as I remember the Dragon capsule can land with its Super-Draco thrusters, just like the first stage Falcon booster, the parachutes were just back up.
    That would have been a sight to see!

But NASA and the safety culture dictated parachute landing but I think in a parachute failure scenario the Super-Draco will land the capsule.

The Shuttle was joke.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    The Shuttle was joke.
    Blame the US Air Force for insane requirements for size. Titan was doing the heavy lifting for the Air Force from the 1950's until 2005.

Blame the US Air Force for insane requirements for big wings that were only needed to enable a shuttle launched from Vandenberg to overfly Moscow and land again at Vandenberg on the same orbit.

For any other eventuality the shuttle could just stay in orbit for at most a few hours in order to line up with another suitable runway.

Landing anywhere else though would mean a delay in relaunching because you'd have to transport the shuttle back. But relaunches took weeks anyway. So that probably wasn't the reason. One mission profile does fit. Nuking Moscow and living to tell the tale.

So after wasting $100 Billion on the Shuttle the USAF got the X-37 as a replacement for Dynasoar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I would not say anything bad about Elon. I used to think he was a French Canadian but now it seems he is a bit of everything from South Africa to Americas. Anyway, that was until star link came along.

Dan.

I would not say anything bad about Elon. I used to think he was a French Canadian but now it seems he is a bit of everything from South Africa to Americas. Anyway, that was until star link came along.
    But Star Link will enable the National Broadband Plan to provide lots of bandwidth ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

no it will enable western governments to spy on its foes

Advertisement