Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nausea

• 27-05-2020 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Weird one - I've been vaping for four and a half years now and out of nowhere for the past week, every time I vape I feel nauseous. I've switched juices, changed the coil and no difference. I've had my Artery Pal for about a year now, never had this issue. I only realised a couple of days ago it was the vape, I thought it was food until I didnt vape all morning, felt fine and then the feeling came as soon as I vaped.

I generally dont like high VG but was saddled with a bottle so was using that then switched back to a 50/50 and no difference. Different flavours but I will say they both are 'ice / menthol' types but I have nearly always vaped these types of flavours.

This happen anyone before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

kg703 wrote: »
    Weird one - I've been vaping for four and a half years now and out of nowhere for the past week, every time I vape I feel nauseous. I've switched juices, changed the coil and no difference. I've had my Artery Pal for about a year now, never had this issue. I only realised a couple of days ago it was the vape, I thought it was food until I didnt vape all morning, felt fine and then the feeling came as soon as I vaped.

I generally dont like high VG but was saddled with a bottle so was using that then switched back to a 50/50 and no difference. Different flavours but I will say they both are 'ice / menthol' types but I have nearly always vaped these types of flavours.

This happen anyone before?

The only thing I can think of, is an ingredient called koolada - It is one of very few flavorings that I cannot vape, it makes me feel a bit off too. There's been a trend of mixers adding it to a lot of their fruity/menthol mixes over the past couple of year - before it was just mint or menthol or sometimes eucalyptus they would use. Have you tried vaping a non menthol juice for a while and see if this helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭kg703

I found one old non menthol in the house so I've dumped the coil again and started over. How would you even know if that ingredient is in them, mine only say 'flavourings' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I found one old non menthol in the house so I've dumped the coil again and started over. How would you even know if that ingredient is in them, mine only say 'flavourings' :D

That's the trouble, they don't list the individual flavorings on the package, you'd have to look up the liquid and see if it's listed in the description. I mostly mix my own but I do buy bottle shots from Darkstar and they usually tell you if it includes koolada, as many people don't get on with it. Koolada is a cooling concentrate but doesn't actually have any real flavour, it's not a menthol just adds to the effect. It's more a mouth-feel, whenever I've tried it the sensation was strange, like the cooling was seperate from the flavoring, I'd know if I vaped it but if you're not familiar you will think it's part of the main menthol - hard to describe

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alessandro01

Nausea has many possible causes, and the more you understand about what triggers yours, the more focused your solutions will be.

For instance, some people are nauseated if they are used to eating on a regular schedule and then skip a meal--their gastric acids start flowing, and with nothing solid in their stomachs, they will likely experience nausea.

On the other hand, some people are nauseated by the idea of any food before they've been awake and active for hours. They will often find a cup of naturally sweetened ginger tea--from boiled slices of actual ginger root--to be a lifesaver. Ginger tea is one of those all-around useful remedies for nausea of all sorts, from morning sickness or ulcers to inner ear damage and motion sickness.

People who have experienced concussion are likely to have disturbances of the tiny bones and fine balance of the inner ear as well. They may be bothered by persistent vertigo and nausea. Meclizine, an OTC antihistamine and motion sickness medication, can be a useful temporary solution in these cases. Fortunately there are now vestibular therapies very effective at restoring the damaged balance centers.

Nausea is usually one of the very first symptoms of pregnancy. The traditional remedies of crackers and milky tea are still some of the best!

As mentioned, ulcers, concussion, inner ear damage and other medical problems can cause nausea, as do some serious illnesses, so if the nausea is more than an occasional disturbance, it is very important to speak with your doctor. It is an early warning symptom often overlooked; if acknowledged, you may catch the onset of an illness early, which makes treatment and recovery more feasible.

Some performers are consistently nauseated prior to their shows. Brought on by the body's surge of adrenaline and flight or fight hormones, this type of nausea may respond to meditation or even sipping a glass of water slowly.

Herbal bitters and liqueurs such as Campari or Pernod can help settle the stomach before an important dinner or evening out. Besides ginger, herbal teas including chamomile, licorice, rose petal, and turmeric help some people.

Jitters before a crucial meeting can create miserable nausea and other symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. I have heard of success stories for everything from homeopathic remedies and drops of Rescue Remedy to cinnamon-flavored xylitol tablets, warm water, lemon water, peppermint tea, dried candied ginger, or sucking hard candies like caramels or peppermints. I don't recommend chewing gum, which actually encourages the stimulation of bile and digestive acids--hurting more than they help.

The most important step in getting over nausea is to first figure out what is causing it, and then proceed with greater awareness. Tell your doctor. A simple change in eating habits may be all that's necessary.

I wish you the best of luck, because nausea is a misery and torment. Fortunately solutions exist!

Hi Alessandro

Appreciate the lengthy response - its definitely related to vaping though, I'm pretty regular with what I eat during the day, I'm working from home with less work so a lot less stress in my life. You are 100% about the ginger though as I do get travel and sea sick and ginger is literally the cure!

That koolada thing is really interesting... Im already having trouble as I have to order juice online and I cant get my favourite so between some being too VG thick for my vape, some tasting rotten and now I've to look out for koolada :O I put a non menthol in last night and no issues at all. Going to have so many unused juices at the end of this!

Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Hi Alessandro

Appreciate the lengthy response - its definitely related to vaping though, I'm pretty regular with what I eat during the day, I'm working from home with less work so a lot less stress in my life. You are 100% about the ginger though as I do get travel and sea sick and ginger is literally the cure!

That koolada thing is really interesting... Im already having trouble as I have to order juice online and I cant get my favourite so between some being too VG thick for my vape, some tasting rotten and now I've to look out for koolada :O I put a non menthol in last night and no issues at all. Going to have so many unused juices at the end of this!

Thanks for the advice!

Hello,
    I found your post very interesting. Six years ago I tried vaping for about three months and like you I had terrible nausea. Tried every variety, every strength and different %. I went back to cigarettes.

Fast forward to now, I've been diagnosed coeliac plus other medical problems and I have been told to quit smoking. I'm going to try vaping again, my question is what do you now vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

The issue is and always was that we don't have enough information available especially on pre mixed juice as to what the contents are,if we could see exactly then we could make the informed choice. I started mixing my own in order to narrow the lack of information available and so far it has worked well for me. As mentioned already,Koolada and a coolant called WS23 are a total no go for me and I wouldn't touch anything containing either.
    I would advise anyone experiencing medical issues to have a doctor's check up first of all and then if it's vape related try and narrow it down to juice,type of coil etc. Good luck with getting this sorted and it would be good to hear on your progress.

I stopped using the ones that were making me sick and ordered one I got in the UK a couple of years ago and thats been totally fine. Out of curiousity, I went back to the one I thought might be making me sick and filled up my vape to see if it was that, lo and behold, started feeling nauseous and really really tired?!

It's annoying, I love fruit / menthol flavours but I'll just have to try and stick to the ones I know aren't making me feel strange.

At the moment I am using OHM Brew - The black. Its like Ribena Menthol. I love berry menthol Dracula Blood - thats my fav but I can only seem to get it in one shop in town (Dublin City). Vampire vape doesnt seem to bother me either but I like the bigger bottles.

It's taken me years to find flavours and the actual vape I like the most. Trial and error really. Some people can vape anything but anything too sweet or anything tobacco / harsh flavoured I dont enjoy at all. Used to be able to try the flavours in the shops - doubt that'll be allowed now! Switching from cigarette to vaping takes a bit of getting used to. Treat it like a replacement for when you have cravings rather than something you love and enjoy. Also avoid salts etc. they are super high in nicotene, I find them overwhelming. I used to vape 6mg, down to 3mg.... will eventually try and wean back to 0mg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭corkie

Vampire vape doesnt seem to bother me either but I like the bigger bottles.

Vampire Vape do shortfills in the 'koncept' range.

https://www.vampirevape.co.uk/e-liquid/konceptxix.html

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement