Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, VR edition.

• 27-05-2020 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭

Might as well get one of these started.

Keep spoilers to a minimum for those of us still playing the games (or at least use the spoiler tag) :D

Currently I'm gradually making my way through Half Life Alyx when I get the time (every odd evening). Playing using my Quest and Virtual Desktop.

It's sickening how perfect this game is. I have dreams about it!

I'm just starting the Jeff stage... the lights have gone out... now don't tell me what's next!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Still on Alyx?! Jeez..I've parked the VR for a while..

Had started Red Matter though, pretty impressive for the Quest!

Looking to find a plank of wood for 'Richie's plank experience' to share with pals when the world resumes as normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Shlippery wrote: »
    Still on Alyx?! Jeez

haha yeah I don't get much free time in the evenings believe it or not :)

Also I'm savouring every moment as I'm playing on Hard difficulty, and also spend ages searching for items

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Tetris Effect on PC ..really trippy , and the VR makes a huge difference

QuestZDoom is amazing! Just playing it out in the garden (after sundown of course!) with all Brutal Doom hi res mods turned on.

Neighbors probably think I'm mad. Little do they know I'm bringing unholy justice to hellspawn ...hence my loud swearing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I was mostly playing Blade and Sorcery, found a mod that gives you more options to choose the types of AI, so endless one on ones with swordsmen has kept me busy, then I busted one of my controllers by thrusting it into a wall...

Guess I'll be mostly playing IL2:sturmovik and City Car Driving until a replacement controller arrives

Only played an hour or two of Alyx. The dialogue and voice acting was doing my head in, and then stupid puzzles making a comeback like its 2005 finished me.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    I was mostly playing Blade and Sorcery, found a mod that gives you more options to choose the types of AI, so endless one on ones with swordsmen has kept me busy, then I busted one of my controllers by thrusting it into a wall...

Guess I'll be mostly playing IL2:sturmovik and City Car Driving until a replacement controller arrives

Only played an hour or two of Alyx. The dialogue and voice acting was doing my head in, and then stupid puzzles making a comeback like its 2005 finished me.

Ah stick with Alyx...it's really good...esp Chapter 7

Completed Alyx today... phew a long ride but incredibly enjoyable! I honestly don't know how people play it wired as there are so many times I had to rotate around stairways or creep down behind cover while walking backward in the room.

Gonna try clearing off some long-unfinished titles on PSVR like Farpoint, plus I have No Man's Sky and The Persistence still in their wrapping!!

Probably Farpoint first... hopefully the Aim controller still holds a charge :D

Also booted up BBC Spacewalk again and Mission:ISS after the SpaceX launch at the weekend- two fascinating free(i think Mission:ISS was free - got it ages ago) - games....really make you get the sense of scale for the ISS!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Astrobot. Only the the first World completed but it's great so far

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started Astrobot. Only the the first World completed but it's great so far

incredible game...be prepared for lots of face-ache from smiling non-stop

• Advertisement

I do enjoy
    the chameleons

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Currently play a rotation of Beat saber, pistol whip and space pirate trainer. Waiting for the sale at the end of June to get Alyx and possibly others.

Im hoping Alyx is as good as everybody has said.

Currently play a rotation of Beat saber, pistol whip and space pirate trainer. Waiting for the sale at the end of June to get Alyx and possibly others.

Im hoping Alyx is as good as everybody has said.

Did they say Alyx would be in the sale?

Can't imagine Alyx going on sale as long as it prints money for em!

Works for Beat Saber!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

New to VR as of today, playing Project Cars 2 for the past couple of hours and cant believe how different the game feels in VR im like a little kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

mrcheez wrote: »
    Did they say Alyx would be in the sale?

Im just hoping it is:cool:

Im just hoping it is:cool:

I would say September is more likely before first drop based on the IsThereAnyDeal.com record for their other games.

But you never know!! :)

To me, this was worth every penny I spent on it, and I *NEVER* buy games full price... ever.

Even my Switch games are purchased when they are at least 1 year old, and BOTW got a huge €5 discount :P

And credits rolled on Astor Bot. Quality game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

jayo26 wrote: »
    New to VR as of today, playing Project Cars 2 for the past couple of hours and cant believe how different the game feels in VR im like a little kid.
    Wait till you get Astro.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Wait till you get Astro.

you mean Assetto Corsa?

Interface is better on Project Cars for VR, though Assetto Corsa has more plugins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

mrcheez wrote: »
    you mean Assetto Corsa?

Interface is better on Project Cars for VR, though Assetto Corsa has more plugins
    Nope, I mean Astro(bot). Poster was 'new to VR'. He has to do Astro. As you well know, it's brilliant ;) I'm looking for a deal on 'I expect you to die'. Looks good, and I love those puzzle type setups - and Statik, I loved that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nope, I mean Astro(bot). Poster was 'new to VR'. He has to do Astro. As you well know, it's brilliant ;) I'm looking for a deal on 'I expect you to die'. Looks good, and I love those puzzle type setups - and Statik, I loved that too.

Im on pc with rift s? Don't think astro is available on pc is it?

Nope, I mean Astro(bot). Poster was 'new to VR'. He has to do Astro.

yeah but he mentioned Project Cars 2 so...
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Im on pc with rift s? Don't think astro is available on pc is it?

Nope

Interesting this came up though. Should we have 2 different threads for the PSVR vs PC VR ? But then what about Quest and Go??

Maybe better people just post up what platform they are using :D

As for me... I was playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2 last night on my Oculus Go via Oculus Arcade ... it's so damned immersive, they even have the air conditioning of the arcade in the background!

Playing Virtual Boy games on my Oculus Go at the moment.

I can't get over just how great some of these games are, I don't think they ever got any recognition due to the hardware.

Virtual Boy Wario Land is pure genius, and the 3D effect is great.

Tetris Effect on PSVR is my new addiction... pure zen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Trover and really enjoying it. Then I love Rick and Morty and Solar Opposites and Justin Roiland's style of humour is all over this.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Trover and really enjoying it. Then I love Rick and Morty and Solar Opposites and Justin Roiland's style of humour is all over this.

It's so polished. I think it's pretty much an AAA platformer almost on par with Astrobot.

Finished Trover (must do the DLC actually..) but now back to Tetris.

I really can't believe how much I'm digging Tetris Effect.

Feel like it'd be great craic after a load of mushrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

I go t Alyx for free with my Valve Index. Every other headset is trash.
    I bet console plebs are seething they can't play it on their under-powered door stops.

Advertisement