Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JP said something on Twitter

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I heard on the radio it may be extended to 2 hours.
    We'll see if that comes to pass.

It's weird how the fancy folks cannot enjoy a meal in 90 mins, they need 120 mins..
    Myself, I enjoy it in 20 mins :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

biko wrote: »
    I heard on the radio it may be extended to 2 hours.
    We'll see if that comes to pass.

It's weird how the fancy folks cannot enjoy a meal in 90 mins, they need 120 mins..
    Myself, I enjoy it in 20 mins :D

Num num num

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

In the Mail today
    Galway chef JP McMahon, culinary director of the EatGalway Restaurant Group, including Michelin-star winning Aniar, Cava Bodega, and Tartare Café and Wine Bar, said: ‘It seems to get more confusing and more bizarre the closer we get to opening. Each new guideline brings more and more questions.

‘I’m delighted it’s one metre, but it’s one metre with conditions. The difficulty is this 90 minutes. Why was 90 minutes chosen? Is there any science behind it? Why not two hours? I thought the idea was to get less people on to the premises.
    Doing seatings every hour and a half creates a very busy restaurant. And I think it’s not fair to customers to ask them to come for less of an experience, unless it’s quite a casual restaurant.’

Mr McMahon said he felt there had been ‘no dialogue with the industry at all’. ‘It feels like these are just orders from above. If two people leave and two people replace them, is that contact? How do you get people out of the restaurant – some aren’t very large?’ he asked.

He also queried what he should do about walk-in customers – turn them away, or book them in on the spot.
    He said that two of his premises were around 60% booked up already. The third, Aniar, will not yet open, partly because its main trade is with American tourists, and partly because meals there are usually savoured for at least three hours.

Advertisement