Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel shed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Not getting the shed until March now with delays so still waiting to decide what to do. I'm leaning towards no concrete base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

You will have to bolt it down to something so it doesn't blow away or blow over.

Maybe check with the supplier how they will fix it down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Was following and active in another 'garden office' thread ( https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058162822/office-for-garden/p1), just found this thread now.

A few companies that I didn't hear of or find from googling. Will get in touch with some and compare prices, quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

After much, much searching & trying to decide I have it down to Gaedenhouse24.ie and Loghouse.ie

Prefer them over Steeltech shed, just look warmer, less 'just functional'. Only thing is they're made from wood so wondering how much maintenance they need & what's rough lifespan?

Thanks,

Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭delmonte4

I spent 2.5k on one of their 16ft by 8ft sheds last year and it’s been nothing but grief. In December I noticed Water leaking in at 5 screws in the roof along the centre and it took until March to get someone out to have a look at it. They tightened a few screws on the roof and put mastic over them and said it wouldn’t leak again.

The next time it rained the leaks were actually worse. I emailed back and was told somebody would be out in the next week. I haven’t heard anything from anybody since and they’ve stopped replying to my emails.

An expensive road bike now has a rusty group set and will be expensive to repair/replace the components.

Needless to say I would steer clear of them. Customer service is abysmal and the concept of screws in a roof seems to be flawed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Think you mentioned in another thread that this was going to be for a home office. So I just wonder if other steel shed owners can report on whether you can get a mobile phone signal inside a steel shed. I've certainly come across steel walled warehouses where there is next to no signal inside but full signal as soon as you go out the door.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

If screws are leaking the wrong type of screw has been used. The correct screws for this particular situation is a Tek Screw with Rubber Washer. (Google it for a pic) If correctly fitted they will not leak, overtightening can damage rubber washer so correct torque setting on screw gun in the hands of a COMPENTENT OPERATOR is important. There is always the possibility that the water is getting in further up the roof and running down and dripping off screws (if screws are protruding)

Advertisement