Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Green fees

• 23-05-2020 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭ moreau

Hi

So from GUI guidelines one thing is unclear to me.

Does open to "visitors" in phase 3 (29th June) mean courses will be open to walk in green fees?

Or is it visits from members of other clubs i.e. competitions, societies etc?

From a casual pay as you go golfer

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 mike12

Green fees is how we read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ CalamariFritti

There seems to be a distinction between guests and visitors is the way I read it. Guests will be June 8. Visitors later.

I'm really only trying to read between the lines here but I would assume guest means someone brought along by a member. Visitors then would be anyone aka green fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭ Johnny_Fontane

Big clubs ramping up their fees for 2022

greenfees.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ SeeMoreBut

Big clubs ramping up their fees for 2022

greenfees.jpg

What were they previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,483 ✭✭✭✭ Frisbee

Plenty of places are already allowing guests already though right? I played Powerscourt as a guest on the 14th and Castlewarden on Monday just gone. And have had guests out in Blessington as well.

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule on when guests are to be allowed, think it more depends on if clubs themselves feel the time sheets are open enough to allow non-members to play. For example I know of a few clubs still not allowing guests or only at very specific times & dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭ Ivefoundgod

Worth pointing out that there seems to be plenty of deals around at the moment. Old head for example is €130 for guests until end of June (and may be extended) so I'd be reaching out to clubs and seeing if there is any deals going for GUI members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ willabur

worth pointing out that this thread is a year old up until the post about the new greenfee rates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭ Ivefoundgod

willabur wrote: »
    worth pointing out that this thread is a year old up until the post about the new greenfee rates

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ willabur

ha sorry, I wasn't trying to mock you :)

I just realised now it looks like I was aping you post

Advertisement