Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green fees

• 23-05-2020 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi

So from GUI guidelines one thing is unclear to me.

Does open to "visitors" in phase 3 (29th June) mean courses will be open to walk in green fees?

Or is it visits from members of other clubs i.e. competitions, societies etc?

From a casual pay as you go golfer

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Green fees is how we read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

There seems to be a distinction between guests and visitors is the way I read it. Guests will be June 8. Visitors later.

I'm really only trying to read between the lines here but I would assume guest means someone brought along by a member. Visitors then would be anyone aka green fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Big clubs ramping up their fees for 2022

greenfees.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Big clubs ramping up their fees for 2022

greenfees.jpg

What were they previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Plenty of places are already allowing guests already though right? I played Powerscourt as a guest on the 14th and Castlewarden on Monday just gone. And have had guests out in Blessington as well.

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule on when guests are to be allowed, think it more depends on if clubs themselves feel the time sheets are open enough to allow non-members to play. For example I know of a few clubs still not allowing guests or only at very specific times & dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Worth pointing out that there seems to be plenty of deals around at the moment. Old head for example is €130 for guests until end of June (and may be extended) so I'd be reaching out to clubs and seeing if there is any deals going for GUI members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭willabur

worth pointing out that this thread is a year old up until the post about the new greenfee rates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

willabur wrote: »
    worth pointing out that this thread is a year old up until the post about the new greenfee rates

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭willabur

ha sorry, I wasn't trying to mock you :)

I just realised now it looks like I was aping you post

Advertisement